• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing sheet music with annotations
Hello,

maybe someone can help me since I didn´t find the answer to my question in the manual.

I´ve made a lot of annotations into my music files like fingerings, articulation, dynamics, ...
Is it possible to print the sheet music including those annotations?

Kind regards,

Nachthorn
Printing support is being added in the next update as well as an option to write the annotations permanently into the file in the annotations editor.

Mike
(08-14-2015, 04:11 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Printing support is being added in the next update as well as an option to write the annotations permanently into the file in the annotations editor.

Mike

Miike:

If the Companion is linked up, will it be able to print out through the computer?  Or will we need to connect a printer (either through wifi or cable) to the tablet?

Thanks,

Jeff
This type of printing is cloud printing, meaning you have to have a cloud capable printer. I'm also adding an "export files" feature that writes out the files of a song with everything intact (annotations, cropping, rotation, page ordering). You could transfer this file to the PC for printing.

At some point, I plan on adding printing support directly from the companion app, but in order to do that, I have to fix the rendering of annotations (which is currently disabled).

Mike
(08-15-2015, 02:31 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This type of printing is cloud printing, meaning you have to have a cloud capable printer.  I'm also adding an "export files" feature that writes out the files of a song with everything intact (annotations, cropping, rotation, page ordering). You could transfer this file to the PC for printing.

At some point, I plan on adding printing support directly from the companion app, but in order to do that, I have to fix the rendering of annotations (which is currently disabled).

Mike

I'm on 1.1.8 and yet again another concert, another set of annotations that need to be saved as screen shots. Yes I'm paranoid still and feel better psychologically to have the paper behind the tablet on my stand during a concert.
So when is the new update going to be available so I can just print it out?

Thanks Big Grin
I really apologize for how long it's taken. There was a list of things I wanted to get accomplished with this update, and it's taken me a lot longer than I would have liked to get it all finished. For a lot of the features I'm adding (like batch edit) I have to make them both on the tablet and in the companion app, so the amount of time that's required is pretty high. Having said all that, all of the code for the update has been written - I'm now testing and fixing bugs to get the update prepared. Then I will send out a beta of it to testers, as a number of critical things are changing that I need tested before a public release (mainly the PDF library changing).

I appreciate your patience while I wrap everything up.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, these things take as long as they take.  There's no point in rushing through a half-baked release.

MSP took much longer than originally envisaged, but that extra time has resulted in a well-featured and more importantly, a very useable
app - and that it what it is all about.

All these additional features you are working on may well be desirable, but they mostly only apply to a few users and none of them detract from the fact that MSP is already a fine product that does exactly what it set out to do.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(09-07-2015, 06:55 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Mike, these things take as long as they take.  There's no point in rushing through a half-baked release.

Depending on your needs, would the flatten tool from my MSPro-Tools be helpful?

https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-07-2015, 06:55 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: Mike, these things take as long as they take.  There's no point in rushing through a half-baked release.

MSP took much longer than originally envisaged, but that extra time has resulted in a well-featured and more importantly, a very useable
app - and that it what it is all about.

All these additional features you are working on may well be desirable, but they mostly only apply to a few users and none of them detract from the fact that MSP is already a fine product that does exactly what it set out to do.

Yep, I'm admit I'm a Mobilesheets fanboy.  Rely on it every day.  Thanks, Mike for a great app!
Sorry if I missed this, but was this completed? Can I print out pdf's with annotations?
Yes, just long press the song and select Print from the overflow menu at the top right of the screen. Annotations are included in the generated document.

Mike
I guess the easiest for me would be to transfer the pdf (with annotations) to my PC while it is connected to the Companion. Then I can print out easily from there.

Can I do this?

Jeff
Not at the moment, no. It's a two step process - you have to export the file on the tablet (Share->Export files) so that it will be written out with annotations intact. Then you can just transfer the file to your PC over USB. The reason I can't currently write out annotations on the PC is that the PDF library I'm using only supports Android. I bought another license for it for Windows 10, but it only supports UWP, and the companion app is written in WPF, so the library isn't compatible. At some point I'll have to find a good PDF library for creating new PDFs and embedding annotations that works with WPF.

Mike

UPDATE
It looks like PDFSharp (which is open source and free) has all of the functionality I need to implement exporting files with annotations intact. I'll try to work toward this as time allows. I still need to implement rendering annotations in the companion app as well.
(04-01-2016, 05:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Not at the moment, no. It's a two step process - you have to export the file on the tablet (Share->Export files) so that it will be written out with annotations intact. Then you can just transfer the file to your PC over USB. The reason I can't currently write out annotations on the PC is that the PDF library I'm using only supports Android. I bought another license for it for Windows 10, but it only supports UWP, and the companion app is written in WPF, so the library isn't compatible. At some point I'll have to find a good PDF library for creating new PDFs and embedding annotations that works with WPF.

Mike

UPDATE
It looks like PDFSharp (which is open source and free) has all of the functionality I need to implement exporting files with annotations intact. I'll try to work toward this as time allows. I still need to implement rendering annotations in the companion app as well.

Thanks, Mike!