• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fit to screen bug
New bug with the latest update. With settings on "fit to screen" and "fit width" (haven't tried any other configurations),every third page, starting with the 2nd page) is slightly narrower than the screen. In the case of a 4 page song that I'm trying to practice at the moment, I've got it set to restart the song after the last page...so page 2 is narrow the first time, 1 and 4 are narrow the second time through, 3 is narrow the third time, and then back to 2 the next time through.
It's mostly annoying me because the annotations ive made don't compress with the rest of the page. Anybody else seeing this behavior? It's on every song in my library.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Oddly enough, this glitch seems to have suddenly gone away on its own. I'll let you know if it happens again.
AirTurn PED
There is a bug with the overlay not moving annotations correctly if it resizes the page. I have a bug fix coming for this. Do remember that, even with fit to screen or fit width, if you have the overlay up, it may shrink the page a little.

Mike
I had all overlays and nav bars hidden...there were just narrow black zones along the left and right (portrait mode) which didn't make sense. Whatever the case, it stopped doing it. I wonder if it was just may tablet glitching.
AirTurn PED
(01-06-2016, 11:37 PM)schnautza Wrote: I had all overlays and nav bars hidden...there were just narrow black zones along the left and right (portrait mode) which didn't make sense. Whatever the case, it stopped doing it. I wonder if it was just may tablet glitching.

I have what seems to be the same problem.  In my case the narrower-than-it-should-be presentation occurs entirely at random, whether or not the overlay is displayed (and whether or not the audio player is displayed).

This has been happening for some time now (since at least mid-November, if not earlier), and through at least the last three versions of MobileSheets Pro.

I haven't seen any consistency in which pages exhibit the problem and which don't, nor in when the problem happens and when it doesn't; I've seen it disappear and recur many times, sometimes with the recurrence on the same page that was displayed incorrectly and sometimes on pages which had been displayed properly.  Restarting the tablet sometimes cures it temporarily, as does restarting MobileSheets.  In fact, at least twice I thought that an update had fixed the problem, only to have it recur later.

The fact that the display is a small bit narrower than it should be is trivial, but the fact that it causes annotations to be displayed in the wrong place is more serious.  I'll be really happy to see a fix for this!
The only change that has happened in the last three months that is relevant is that I added the code to shrink the page when the overlay is present. Do either of you happen to have the "Always Show Title Bar" setting on? I can't seem to reproduce this problem, so I want to make sure my tablet is set up the same way. Which display modes are you two using?

Thanks,
Mike
I do have "Always Show Title Bar" enabled.  I'm viewing PDF files in single-page (portrait) mode, with default zoom.

I took a photograph of the screen last night, and looking at that will probably tell you exactly what options are set.  It's too big to attach, but you can see it here:

http://alcor.concordia.ca/~smw/narrow.jpg

In this case the overlay was showing, but the image width didn't change when I turned the overlay off (which I tried last night after seeing your original reply in this thread).

I don't have my tablet with me right now, but if there are any specific settings you want me to look up or any further information I can provide, please let me know and I'll send it tonight.
FYI, I'm also seeing this problem.  I played with it a little when in rehearsal last night and problem seemed to come and go.  I do not have "Always Show Title Bar" selected.  I did notice that when I'd go into annotation mode, the page would go full screen and then would go back to the incorrect narrow view when I'd exit.  I thought it might have something to do with the crop settings as one time I reset the crop and that fixed the problem.  However, that didn't always work.

I should note that I haven't been keeping up with the updates on my tablet.  This is the first update I've taken since last fall.  I did notice that a number of config settings got reset after the upgrade so I've been having to fix a few things.  Could that be causing a problem?  Is there an option to go back to "factory" settings without losing the whole database?

-- Ken
I don't have my tablet with me at the moment, I'll try to remember to look into the settings tonight. I ended up rebooting my tablet and haven't seen the problem again since the first post I made.

I will say, I end up changing my display settings regularly because I need different features depending on what instruments I'm playing. In my brass band, I like the vertical scrolling that enables me to straddle multiple pages (and I have a free hand to scroll), but when I play piano and sing, I just want to see one page at a time and turn pages with the pedal.

Completely different subject, but it would almost be nice to have display settings be dependent on setlists instead of global. You could have multiple profiles set up with your options, and then select which profile each setlist needs.
AirTurn PED
(01-13-2016, 05:54 AM)ksmelcer Wrote: I did notice that when I'd go into annotation mode, the page would go full screen and then would go back to the incorrect narrow view when I'd exit.  I thought it might have something to do with the crop settings as one time I reset the crop and that fixed the problem.  However, that didn't always work.

This matches my experience exactly.  The problem seems to appear and disappear almost at random, with no correlation to anything I've been able to find; many actions usually seem to fix the problem, but the fix is always only temporary.

...but annotation mode always displays the page correctly, and when a page with the problem is edited the annotations stay where they should be even when the rest of the page reverts to the narrower display.

(01-13-2016, 05:54 AM)ksmelcer Wrote: I should note that I haven't been keeping up with the updates on my tablet.  This is the first update I've taken since last fall.  I did notice that a number of config settings got reset after the upgrade so I've been having to fix a few things.

This too matches my experience, in the sense that it confirms that the problem has been around for a while.   I always update to the newest version as soon as it becomes available, but I've been seeing the problem since at least November (and possibly earlier, but November is the first time I'm absolutely certain of).

(01-13-2016, 05:54 AM)ksmelcer Wrote: I did notice that a number of config settings got reset after the upgrade so I've been having to fix a few things.  Could that be causing a problem?

My guess would be no, but it's only a guess.  For what it's worth I haven't noticed any of my settings being lost; perhaps that happened to you because you jumped several versions at once?

(01-13-2016, 05:54 AM)ksmelcer Wrote: Is there an option to go back to "factory" settings without losing the whole database?

Under "Other Settings", there's an option called "Reset Settings to Default".  I've never used this, but I'd be astonished if that wipes out your library.  Of course, it never hurts to take a backup first anyway.  Smile
My current display settings are:
Uncheck zoom out past 100%
Check disable page turn animation
Check repeat mode
Uncheck half page landscape
Uncheck half page turns
Uncheck separate songs
Link point 28
Black background
Uncheck night mode
Check center pages
Check show formatted song titles
Next song never
Uncheck title bar
Check preview
Toggle long press
Page slider shown with overlay
Speed render
Check dim nav bar
Check hide nav bar
Check full screen mode

Like is said, haven't seen the problem since I rebooted, but that's not to say it won't resurface.
AirTurn PED
I've found the bug causing this issue and it will be fixed in v1.3.3 which I'm trying my very best to finish today.

Mike
(01-17-2016, 06:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've found the bug causing this issue and it will be fixed in v1.3.3 which I'm trying my very best to finish today.

Mike

That's great news. Smile  

Thank you!
(01-17-2016, 06:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've found the bug causing this issue and it will be fixed in v1.3.3 which I'm trying my very best to finish today.

Mike

The original version of this post (before editing) was as follows:

Quote:I'm afraid it's not completely fixed, although there's definitely improvement.

In 1.3.3 it's obvious that the problem appears when the overlay is shown; as soon as the overlay is dismissed, the display reverts to using the full width of the screen.

update:  Another improvement in 1.3.3 is that when the overlay is shown and the song display is slightly narrower than the screen width, annotations are now being shown in the correct position; in other words, they're being moved with the rest of the display, where in previous versions annotations remained in their original absolute position.

But after a closer look I realized what's really happening:  when the overlay is displayed, the song's *height* is reduced to prevent the overlay from appearing on top of it, and the width is being scaled to match.

This is not a bug, it's the expected and correct behaviour. Smile