• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions: Use Collection/Setlist and Source to Create Collection/Setlist
I often want to create a new set list from a much larger collection or set list.

So, it would be nice to have a feature where the list (on the right side of the tablet screen) to select songs from was the collection/set list you can use to pick songs and you drag them to your new set list/collection (on the left side of screen).

I know you can create a new set list (or collection, I think) by starting off with the prior one.  And, of course, then you can remove songs.

But,  lot of time I want to create a smaller set list or collection from a much larger set list or collection.

So, it would be easier to just pick the songs I want out of the larger collection/set list, rather than starting with the full collection/set list and removing songs.

Obviously this isn't a huge deal, but it might be a nice tool to use.

Thanks,

Jeff
You can apply filters (collection, source, etc.) when creating a new collection or setlist. Is that what you mean?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
So, when I am creating a collection or a set list, I can apply the filers to the song list, from which I pick songs to create the new collection/set list)?

Okay, I will try that.

I guess I can't use a set list to pick songs from, but I suppose this is less of an issue (since set lists would tend to be smaller, I should be able to use them create a collection or set list from the set list, and just remove songs as needed).
It would be really convenient if the filter settings were saved with the setlists.
I have collections for every band I play with. When preparing a setlist for an upcoming gig I often make a copy of a previous setlist and edit it. When doing that I switch frequently between the setlist itself, for rehearsal, and the setlist editor, to add and remove songs. Additional songs generally are taken from the band's specific collection, but every time I open the setlist editor the collection filter is lost and has to be set once again.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

One more (I think it was mentioned before on the forum): I really would appreciate a possibilty to sort the list of setlists in reverse order. My setlists are named yyyy-mm-dd_Band_LocationOrGig and the list is getting longer and longer. If sorted in reverse order the more important newer gigs would stay at the top of the list.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I think there are a lot of different ways to go about achieving your goal. The simplest one to my mind is that you can open a collection or setlist on the library screen to view its songs, then long press and start selecting all of the songs you want in the new collection/setlist. Once you've selected them all, you can use "Create Setlist from Songs" option in the overflow menu (or collection if you want that). If there are easy filters to apply, you can use those filters on the library screen or in the setlist editor to limit the song list before selecting.

itsme - I can certainly look into saving the last used filter on the group editor screen and restoring it. I think I would only want to save it for the current session of MobileSheetsPro though. If you restarted the application at a later time, would you still want that filter applied when you go to edit something? I would think not, as it could be tedious or cause confusion if you always have to clear out old filters.

Mike
Thanks, Mike, that should work.

Jeff
<<open a collection or setlist on the library screen to view its songs, then long press and start selecting all of the songs you want in the new collection/setlist. Once you've selected them all, you can use "Create Setlist from Songs" option in the overflow menu>>

I miss this option in the Songs tab; also adding more than one song to an existing Setlist would be nice (from the Songs tab).
Both can be achieved in all tabs except for the Songs tab.
Hello Mike. My original proposal was saving the filter settings with the setlist. That would allow picking up a previous setlist at any time and continue editing. But i agree that it is probably much easier to "save the last used filter on the group editor screen and restore it". That would be a great improvement and would be convenient enough - thank you.