• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chordPro chord diagrams
It would be nice to have some means to display chordPro chord diagrams (via the define directive) and to have them toggle-able via an eyeball icon. Graphics would be ideal but even an ascii text based display would be good.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
It's on my giant list of things to do. It will be added some day Smile

Mike
that's an excellent idea, but instead of building what already exists elsewhere, maybe the best would be to be able to link to or invoke other apps that display chords. This way everyone can use the app that they prefer, and you don't have to build chord libraries for all positions, tunings and instruments.
Unfortunately, unless applications agree on a common interface that allows them to work together, or the applications can be launched with a specific intent to show chords as you've described, there is no way for one application to load another in a specific way. For example, another application couldn't just execute MobileSheets to view a file.
(02-01-2016, 07:27 AM)oz1 Wrote: that's an excellent idea, but instead of building what already exists elsewhere, maybe the best would be to be able to link to or invoke other apps that display chords. This  way everyone can use the app that they prefer, and you don't have to build chord libraries for all positions, tunings and instruments.

Sounds like you're thinking along different lines than I am. The chordPro standard has a {define:...} directive that explicitly states informat about a specific chord and listing things such as: chord name, starting fret, and fretting per string (and one extension I've seen also allows for noting the fingerings per string). All the information needed to directly generate chord diagrams without the need of some large chord library.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
Any chance the define directive is coming?

Example here: https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/Direct...efine.html
See also Chord directive https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/Directives-chord.html
Yes, it's high on my list, just trying to work on 

1) Bug reports
2) The annotations redesign
3) The iOS version

Then I'm going to start knocking out stuff like the chord pro changes. As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I'm going full time on MobileSheets starting Jan 1st next year, so I'll be able to tackle these enhancements much faster.

Mike