• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viewer for XLS files
I know quite a few people which do their chord diagrams in Excel (and sometimes supply those for a gig).

Those are of course simple files without any functions and the spreadsheet is more or less just used as a text editor and the cells to divide the bars to put in the chords.

Mike, maybe you can make MSP display such spreadsheet files nicely, maybe even with a transpose functionality like for chord pro files? 

This probably isn't as difficult as a viewer for irealpro (which would be still number one on my wishlist).
Even without functions and macros and other magic a spreadsheet (especially Excel) is a complex piece of data that is not easily processed by a relatively small software program.
I have an office app that can display Excel. In the few occasions someone handed me an Excel sheet, hitting the ScreenShot function and importing the screenshot into MSPro is  a piece of cake.
More often I'm handed a printout of the Excel sheet, which is not as easy to import. Need to find the camera button first  Rolleyes

For chord diagrams in MSPro, see the appropriate thread.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I probably misused the term chord diagram. What I meant was a simple sheet with just the chord changes.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant also Smile . A diagram with chord sequences, not diagrams of chords.
Maybe "chord chart" is a better name.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).