• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page numbering issue
Hello,

I've been using MobeleSheets for more than a year, and gererally I've been very happy with it. I use it mostly for choir singing, but also in my rock band. I never use paper sheets anymore. 

Is this a bug in the page numbering, or is there some setting I haven't found? Problem is, the page number in the top margin shows, correctly, the page of the current song. But if i tap the number to go to a specific page, it counts the pages from the whole set list. I often need to go to a specific page (or to the beginning) of the song, the page number of the whole set list is completely irrelevant. Now I have to manually flip through the score, which is the only time i really miss printed sheets...

Example: Current page is 10 of 38 in the song. When I tap the page number, i get page 114 which is the page in the whole setlist:

[Image: Screenshot_20171130-114735.jpg]
I struggled to reproduce this, then I realised it only happens if you do "Load All" in the set list. Then the slider at the bottom of the edit window shows two number ranges, one for the current song and one for the whole set list.

Normally I don't do a "Load All" so it works as you want. What I have is the default touch areas for forward and back page, then other areas for forward and back song. So I just load the first song (or wherever I am in the setlist), and use the touch areas to navigate the song and setlist. This also stops me scrolling into the next song by mistake. Maybe you could do something similar until Mike offers a better solution.

Andy
I can certainly change the behavior so that tapping on that field lets you change pages only within the current song. That's probably more intuitive, but it does mean that the only way to jump to another page in another song is to use the page slider. Perhaps that is okay, as that's easier to use for that purpose anyways.

Mike
Browsing through the complete setlist by page numbers indeed probably isn't something that is needed by many.

Though one can navigate pretty well already in the setlist/songs if you set up some touch actions (as AndyL already proposed).

I prefer mine with the actions "jump to beginning/end  of the song (at top left and right for me). I don't need "next/previous" song that way since I just jump to the end of the song
and browse normally to the next page/song from there.

Also, Presari, do you know/use the navigation menu in the "quick action box" (or whatever it is called, bottom left, 3 O'Clock). You can jump very quickly and convenient to each song
in the setlist without leaving it.
It seems to be caused by the fact that "Load All" creates a single temporary song from the whole setlist when it is loaded. If  "Load All" is ON you also see only one entry for the setlist in "Recent", with "Load All" OFF the songs are listed one by one even if opened from a setlist.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

OT: For a performance you will want to go with "Load All" anyway since this opens the next song at the beginning and not at the position it was left after the last viewing.
(12-01-2017, 03:01 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can certainly change the behavior so that tapping on that field lets you change pages only within the current song. That's probably more intuitive, but it does mean that the only way to jump to another page in another song is to use the page slider. Perhaps that is okay, as that's easier to use for that purpose anyways.

Mike

Thanks, I really appreciate you considering changing the behavior of the app! I can't really imagine when you would like to go to a page in another song this way, since the numbers are added together, if you wanted to go to say page 20 of the next song, you would still not know what that adds up to in terms of page numbers for the whole set list.

Maybe the ideal solution would be to both keep the current behavior and add the new one with a a toggle in the settings (just in case someone likes how it works now). Something like "Page number navigation: all loaded songs/current song". That way both the slider and the entered numbers would only be for the current song if you choose so.

But as I said, this is a great app, and the active development will make It even greater in the future, I'm sure! I've recommended it to many fellow chorists, and will continue to do so.

(12-01-2017, 01:29 AM)AndyL Wrote: Normally I don't do a "Load All" so it works as you want. What I have is the default touch areas for forward and back page, then other areas for forward and back song.

Thanks, this is a great feature, I hadn't noticed it before. Setting areas for "start of song" and "end of song" really helps a lot, it almost solves this issue, the only thing lacking now is the ability to go to a certain page inside the song.

(12-02-2017, 04:42 AM)BRX Wrote: Also, Presari, do you know/use the navigation menu in the "quick action box" (or whatever it is called, bottom left, 3 O'Clock). You can jump very quickly and convenient to each song
in the setlist without leaving it.

Thanks, yes I use it, and actually it pretty much makes the page numbering and slider for the whole set list even more redundant. As you say, it's a quick way to navigate the set list, so you don't really need the page number slider to span other songs than the current one.
Haven't used MobileSheets since my last post here, but now I notice this has been fixed! Thank you Zuberman!