• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung 12.2 Note
I'm very happy with my 12" tablet but Samsung seem to have discontinued it with no equivalent size replacement. What am I going to do when my current one gives up the ghost?
You can consider some of the other 13" models users have listed in this thread https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...2#pid20552 or a chromebook. You can also look into switching to Windows 10 as there are a lot of great Windows 10 devices to choose from. 

Mike
(02-27-2018, 05:11 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You can consider some of the other 13" models users have listed in this thread https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...2#pid20552 or a chromebook. You can also look into switching to Windows 10 as there are a lot of great Windows 10 devices to choose from. 

Mike

Many thanks for the link to the list. 

Re Windows 10 tablets, Mobilesheets Pro available for Windows had passed me by. That's good news. I assume it's not free to Mobilesheets Pro for Android purchasers?
No, it's not free for MobileSheetsPro users. It's sold on a different app store managed by Microsoft and so purchases can't be shared between the different app stores. It also helps fund development of each independent version as I now have nearly twice the work between the coding and testing of each version.
I have no need or desire, to run the Windows 10 version but, if I ever did want it, I would willingly pay.  The amount of work that Mike has put into the development of MS and MSP and his amazing support level means he deserves every penny he can get.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Even paying for the two versions is not much compared to other things. MSP is definitely worth the money.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I just returned my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.  When the battery level got below around 80% it would no longer boot.  It seems to have been a known issue.  I replaced it with the current device shown in my signature and it has worked flawlessly.  (...and was much less expensive.)
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple
(02-26-2018, 08:56 PM)fausto Wrote: I'm very happy with my 12" tablet but Samsung seem to have discontinued it with no equivalent size replacement. What am I going to do when my current one gives up the ghost?

Where are you based?
There's new 13.3 inch EInk screen Android 6 tablet by Onyx called Max 2.
Confirmed working really well with MobileSheets.
(03-02-2018, 07:06 AM)otnt Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 08:56 PM)fausto Wrote: I'm very happy with my 12" tablet but Samsung seem to have discontinued it with no equivalent size replacement. What am I going to do when my current one gives up the ghost?

Where are you based?
There's new 13.3 inch EInk screen Android 6 tablet by Onyx called Max 2.

I'd be very interested in any info you have on the "Boox Max 2" and MobileSheets.
Using Samsung Note Pro (SM-P900) with Android 5.0.2
(03-02-2018, 07:06 AM)otnt Wrote: There's new 13.3 inch EInk screen Android 6 tablet by Onyx called Max 2.

I'm in the UK and my Samsung 12.2 is fine atm but you never know when these things can fail, get stolen or dropped.......
(02-28-2018, 05:39 AM)Zuberman Wrote: No, it's not free for MobileSheetsPro users. It's sold on a different app store managed by Microsoft and so purchases can't be shared between the different app stores. It also helps fund development of each independent version as I now have nearly twice the work between the coding and testing of each version.

Fair enough. I'm very happy with the Android MobilesheetsPro on my tablet and the companion on my PC. Unless I go over to using a Windows laptop at gigs I can't see me wanting the full Windows version, but you never know...
(03-03-2018, 10:41 PM)fausto Wrote: I'm in the UK and my Samsung 12.2 is fine atm but you never know when these things can fail, get stolen or dropped.......

Onyx is selling Max2 directly on UK Amazon: Onyx Max 2

There are many happy MobileSheets users on MobileRead forum reporting using MS and Max 2 combination.

There is comprehensive YouTube Max 2 review from musician's perspective:

As I wrote in another thread I got the new Onyx Max 2 Pro yesterday. 

It is a gorgeous e-reader. But there are 3 things (so far) I don't like and I'm mulling about sending it back.

First one is my fault not reading the description carefully enough. I was so sure there would be an SD card slot that I didn't bother to check.
But there isn't. They decided to replace it with HDMI instead. I for one would rather have a micro SD card slot.

Then there's a problem with installing paid apps from the playstore. Only new purchases work (on my device) and all my purchases apps (including MSP) show up with prices. That's a known problem and it will certainly be fixed with some firmware updates. Apparently not all devices have the problem and for some there seem to be updates already. But mine has the current firmware and still has the problem and I don't have a link or something for updating.

The last and probably biggest so far is that the screen seems very vulnerable to scratches (a lot more than the precursors).

So I'm seriously considering sending it back, mainly because of the last one (and hoping there might be a later model with SD card slot).

I haven't decided yet because it seems to be really a great device for sheets with MSP otherwise.

But these are my first impressions for my fellow MSPlers who are interested in this device. Also there's a thread at

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showth...p?t=293576

I got most of my information from, in case anyone is interested.
There are several people reporting that BOOX Max2 V1.8.3 (20180129)  update fixed Google Play problem.
You can download it from:
http://boox.com/index.php/en/support-2/u...date-max-2
(03-07-2018, 09:24 AM)otnt Wrote: Onyx is selling Max2 directly on UK Amazon: Onyx Max 2
That's a lorra, lorra money!! I paid £299 for my 12.2