• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked Into Landscape Orientation
Hi Mike

Hope everything is well with your family.

Most of my single page files are PDFs and are displayed in portrait mode.
One of my these files needs to be displayed in landscape mode.

When flicking through a collection, the preceding song displays in portrait mode and the landscape page is displayed on it's edge (as one would expect). This is fine as it is a fret board diagram and is not intended to be played as a song. However, when flicking to the next proper song (Pink Panther), the display is now stuck in landscape mode even though the tablet is still in a portrait position. Pressing "back" (to display the collection) shows in landscape mode. Going into the settings reverts the display to portrait mode (but you also have to rock the tablet)

Looking at the "Select Display Mode" values (Global Settings unchanged throughout :  All unchecked, Tone None, Alignment Top)

Preceding Song Page

- Orientation Portrait
- Display Mode "Single Page"
Checked (Use Default display mode for song)

The Landscape Page

- Orientation Landscape
- Display Mode "Vertical Scrolling" (same if using "Single Page")
 UnChecked (Use Default display mode for song)
- Display Mode Vertical Scrolling

The following song page (Pink Panther)

- Orientation Landscape
- Display Mode "Vertical Scrolling"  
- Display Mode Vertical Scrolling
Note: rotating the tablet has no effect on the display

(after going into Settings and rocking the tablet)
Pink Panther 

- Orientation Portrait

- Display Mode "Single Page"

- Display Mode Vertical Scrolling

This implies that values from the landscape page are being propagated to the next song in the collection.

Strangely, having gone through the flicking sequence. the collection page is stuck in landscape mode (rotating tablet has no effect).
However, if one presses back immediately after displaying the landscape page and without going to the next song, the collection is shown in portrait mode (no tablet rotating required)

I hope this is sufficient info !

Cheers
Geoff

MSP 2.9.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff,

There is a per-song orientation lock. Load your song that is rotating the screen, tap the circle at the top bottom left corner of the song overlay and you will see the option for the orientation lock. Turn that off and the song will honor the current orientation of the tablet sensor. Let me know if that is not the issue.

Mike
Hi Mike

Found it (but on the "crop" menu list)

You say that this is a per-song lock but this isn't working as I would expect.
The songs either side of the landscape page don't have orientation enabled so I would expect them to honour the original orientation of the tablet rather than that of the previously displayed  song.

A portrait orientation lock on the following song doesn't get honoured i.e. you can't force it to change back once you have switched to landscape.

Many thanks

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Sorry, you are correct - it's under the menu with the icon that looks like a gallery icon. Looking at the code, clearing an orientation lock does not force the tablet to rotate back to what the sensor last detected (it just means that if you rotated the tablet yourself, it would allow the screen rotation). So I'll have to update the logic to see if I can force the orientation back to what it should be while also allowing future device rotations to function normally.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike

No rush - I'm ok now; I really reported it so that you would be aware that the logic was not quite correct.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6