• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard entry in song time stamp
When creating or editing a button to play a song, entering manually with keyboard the time stamp to play the song at a certain spot, it doesn't work properly.
In the (h: m: s) dialog, if I enter a value with the keyboard, the value it's not accepted and defaults back to the existing time stamp.  
The only way is scrolling over the numbers which is a bit of a pain with the seconds going over 60 to choose from ...

Bug?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Are you talking about a real Windows pc keyboard? If not you probably skiped one step for entering the time. After entering the number you have to click the "ok" at the keyboard and after that the ok from the Time Dialog Box. I think you Skip the "enter" confirmation at the keyboard.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(10-22-2020, 02:39 PM)McAroni Wrote: Are you talking about a real Windows pc keyboard? If not you probably skiped one step for entering the time. After entering the number you have to click the "ok" at the keyboard and after that the ok from the Time Dialog Box. I think you Skip the "enter" confirmation at the keyboard.

I'm talking about the on-screen keyboard that pops up when needed.
However, you are correct, I needed to press Enter first before closing the dialog with ok.
Why am I finding the extra step counter-intuitive?  Is this always the case when entering a value or string with the keyboard in a dialog?
Mike?
Donner BT pedal
The number picker component I'm using is not one I created, but it seems like what I might need to do is to force it to clear the input focus before processing things when OK is tapped. If I do that, I believe it should commit whatever value the user entered.

Mike

UPDATE:
I just verified that my proposed change worked, so this will be fixed in the next update.
(10-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The number picker component I'm using is not one I created, but it seems like what I might need to do is to force it to clear the input focus before processing things when OK is tapped. If I do that, I believe it should commit whatever value the user entered.

Mike

UPDATE:
I just verified that my proposed change worked, so this will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks.
I'm using an Onyx Boox Max3 but I tried also on my other tablet and it's the same problem.
Thanks for adding it to your list of fixes.
Juan
Donner BT pedal
This brings me to maybe another Feature request for the smart buttons i would like to ask for a while: is it possible that the last used Action could be rememberd? At least as long as the Song is Open? I use the "time start" smart buttons a lot and many of them per Song. But every Time i have to choose again the Action i want. I use a few of the same "type" per song and maybe other users too.
(10-23-2020, 07:40 AM)McAroni Wrote: This brings me to maybe another Feature request for the smart buttons i would like to ask for a while: is it possible that the last used Action could be rememberd? At least as long as the Song is Open? I use the "time start" smart buttons a lot and many of them per Song. But every Time i have to choose again the Action i want. For me and maybe for other i use a few of the same "type"

Good point.  Or maybe make "Load and Play Audio Track" the default action instead of Send MIDI commands.  Or being able to set your favorite default?
Donner BT pedal
Sure, I can save the last action that was selected for a new button (I wouldn't save the last selected action for an edited button, as that makes less sense to me, but let me know if you disagree).

Thanks,
Mike
(10-23-2020, 08:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I wouldn't save the last selected action for an edited button, as that makes less sense to me, but let me know if you disagree.

Thanks,
Mike

I agree. A second edit  is usually the same action that the button is already doing but just a fine tuning, for example if the button starts a song at certain time stamp, the edit could be to change a bit the values.
At least that's what I usually need to do ...
Donner BT pedal
I agree. Thanks Mike