• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Copying/Pasting Text and Moving Text
Hello:

When I copy text and paste it on the next page, it makes it double spaced, rather than copying the text as it was (single-spaced).

Also, I do not seem to be able to just move text within a page the way I used to. I used to be able to touch the text with my finger and move it around the page (even if it was a bit clumsy).

This does no seem to work now. So, the only option is the nudge tool.

Thanks,

Jeff
Are you experiencing that only when working with annotations created in version 2.9.6? Or also if you create new annotations with version 3.0.0+? I can create text annotations, and with the selection tool, I can drag them around without any issues on my Samsung Tab S4. I'm mainly working with annotations created with version 3.0.0 though, so I need to load some songs with older annotations so that I can repeat tests with those. I also just created a multi-line text annotation, copied it and pasted it on another page, and I'm not seeing double-spacing. I'm not sure when you say double-spacing if you mean each single space becomes two spaces, or each line break becomes two line breaks. In either case, I'm not seeing either of those occur when copying/pasting a version 3.0.0 text annotation.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello, Mike,

I'm, using version 3.02

Okay, now I figured out moving text.  You have to trigger the "select" tool first (I think this is different than before the annotation revision).  Then it works.  Thx!

With regard to double space it is space between lines.  So line breaks (not space between letters or words).  

Not sure what I am doing wrong.  I will try again.

Jeff
(01-08-2021, 07:11 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hello, Mike,

I'm, using version 3.02

Okay, now I figured out moving text.  You have to trigger the "select" tool first (I think this is different than before the annotation revision).  Then it works.  Thx!

With regard to double space it is space between lines.  So line breaks (not space between letters or words).  

Jeff

Sorry, Mike, but this double spacing issue seems to occur pretty often.  I returns to single spacing when I am editing, but when I am done it switiches to double spacing.

[With regard to double space it is space between lines.  So line breaks (not space between letters or words).]  

Is there a way of controlling single-versus double spacing (between lines)?

Jeff
Jeff,

What is the size of the font you are using? I'm not sure it's double spacing so much as the line spacing used by the edit text control is not matching the line spacing that I'm using when rendering the text annotation. If you create multiple text annotations in a row and they all have the same spacing once you are done editing, then it's exactly that. As mentioned in https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...949&page=3, I'm working on adjusting the line height calculation to reduce the spacing. I was using Android's getFontMetricsInt which is the recommended font's interline spacing, but apparently this is too large, so I'm going to try calculating the line height a different way that will hopefully be more consistent with what the edit control is using.

Mike
(01-11-2021, 01:52 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 07:11 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hello, Mike,

I'm, using version 3.02

Jeff

Sorry, Mike, but this double spacing issue seems to occur pretty often.  I returns to single spacing when I am editing, but when I am done it switiches to double spacing.

[With regard to double space it is space between lines.  So line breaks (not space between letters or words).]  

Is there a way of controlling single-versus double spacing (between lines)?

Jeff

Hey, Mike,

Text size is 15.  I just went into the problem annotation (with extra space between lines) and then started a new annotation and the same thing happened.  Does that help?

Jeff
Hey, Mike,

So, I exited MS (swiped to close it on tablet) and went back into the same page of the same song with the issue, tried to create a new annotation, and it did the same thing.

Then I went into a different song and the spacing was fine.

I hope this helps (and, as always, it may be "user error" as I try to learn the program).

Jeff
(01-11-2021, 07:09 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hey, Mike,

So, I exited MS (swiped to close it on tablet) and went back into the same page of the same song with the issue, tried to create a new annotation, and it did the same thing.

Then I went into a different song and the spacing was fine.

I hope this helps (and, as always, it may be "user error" as I try to learn the program).

Jeff

I guess I will see if anyone else runs into this.
Is the page scaling for that song set to "Full screen" and the page is being stretched vertically? There must be a difference like that between the two songs.
(01-24-2021, 04:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is the page scaling for that song set to "Full screen" and the page is being stretched vertically? There must be a difference like that between the two songs.

Close.  I checked to see if the same thing happened on both pages of the song.  When i inserted  two line annotations on both pages, on the 1st page I did not get the extra spacing, but I did the 2nd page.

Then I checked Cropping.  I had cropped the 2nd page (but not the 1st page) to see everything better (since the last page did not take the full page).

So, I am guessing this is what is causing the larger spacing between lines on this page. 

Interestingly, I copied a two-line annotation I did using pre-revision annotation from the first page where the spacing is closer (better, in my opinion).

When I pasted it on the second page, it retained the (better) spacing.

Then I created a new double-spaced annotation on the first page.  It had the better (closer) spacing, presumably because the page was not cropped like the 2nd page.

Then I pasted that into the 2nd page and it switched to the greater (not preferred) spacing between lines.

So, it is interesting that, when I copied and pasted a pre-revision two-line annotation, it behaved in the "preferred" way.

Jeff