• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoom (and Pan) tool behaving unexpectedly
To do annotations using the pen, I have always started by zooming and panning to where I want to be. However, the zoom tool is not able to initiate zooming.  I can work around this by selecting another tool (pen, Txt, stamper, eraser) and spreading two fingers to start the zoom. Then switch to the Zoom-Pan tool, which now works as it always used to.  But as soon as the view is un-zoomed back to normal, the zoom tool cannot zoom without that initial bit of zooming by another tool. 
<Lenovopad TB-X304F    Android 7.1.1    MobileSheetsPro  3.0.6  >
Hugh
Looks like this only impacts the two page display mode. It works correctly with every other display mode. I'll work on getting a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-04-2021, 04:44 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Looks like this only impacts the two page display mode. It works correctly with every other display mode. I'll work on getting a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike

No, I never use two page display. For me, it happens on everything. However, I have found a better workaround, that almost totally obviates the problem: do a two finger zoom then pan with one or two fingers before entering annotation mode. Then choose an annotation tool. 
As long as I don't un-zoom all the way, the zoom and pan tool works. 
It seems to latch onto zero zoom if allowed to! 
I'm fine with my workaround, which may actually be a better method! How do other users approach zooming to maximum to do pen annotations?

Hugh
Thanks for fixing the Pan & Zoom tool, Mike. Works beautifully now!
I use it now only for making multiple annotations without exiting from the Editing mode.

Hugh
I'm glad to hear it's all working properly now.

Mike
(03-01-2021, 11:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad to hear it's all working properly now.

Mike

@Hugh, I assume that you have touch enabled in annotation mode?  
Mike, are you still planning to add the ability to zoom with fingers when selecting the pan tool in annotation mode as we discussed a while ago (while enable touch is disabled in annot settings)?   See Post #42
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(03-01-2021, 11:47 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 11:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad to hear it's all working properly now.

Mike

@Hugh, I assume that you have touch enabled in annotation mode?  
Mike, are you still planning to add the ability to zoom with fingers when selecting the pan tool in annotation mode as we discussed a while ago (while enable touch is disabled in annot settings)?   See Post #42

You could already do that. I have touch disabled. And i could zoom and pan with the pan Tool.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I can do this in annotation mode. Version 3.08. Have to select the pan tool. Then it works
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(03-01-2021, 04:37 PM)McAroni Wrote: You could already do that. I have touch disabled. And i could zoom and pan with the pan Tool.

In annotation mode?  No I can't with my e-ink device.  I can only pan with the stylus not with touch, even if I zoom in before entering annotation.  
However, it works great with my Samsung Note Pro even without zooming first.   I have 3.0.8 in both devices.

With my Samsung touch seems to behave different in annotation mode.  Even when touch input in Stylus mode is disabled, I still can use my finger to enter the 3 dot menu and change settings whereas with my Lumi e-ink tablet I need the stylus after entering the 3 dots menu.  I can also select the pan tool with 2 finger tap or exit with 3 finger tap in my Samsung but not in my e-ink tablet.
The behavior of my Samsung in annot. mode is ideal IMO. I hope it is also implemented in the e-ink version soon ...
Donner BT pedal
palosanto - yes I will implement those changes. If you enable touch input while stylus mode is active on your e-ink device, it will function identically to your Samsung device (at least it should).

Mike
(03-01-2021, 05:48 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - yes I will implement those changes. If you enable touch input while stylus mode is active on your e-ink device, it will function identically to your Samsung device (at least it should).

Mike

I realize that but the problem has always been the difficulty in making annotations with touch enabled and touching the screen with the palm. 
So you want to enable touch automatically only while the pan tool is active like the Samsung currently does. 
Thanks.
Donner BT pedal