• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Urgent - Mobilesheets keeps closing
I have the Same Problem with my TEO13 Android 8 after the Update.
MSP stops always
Please soon back the old version
I need the Tablet soon
I have the Same Problem with my TEO13 Android 8 after the Update.
MSP stops always
Please soon back the old version
I need the Tablet soon
As of the update this morning, it's crashing for me too, before the screen is fully drawn the first time, on BOTH my Acer tablet and my Android phone.  This is a disaster. I have a rehearsal in an hour and no hard copies of music with annotations.
This exact issue just started happening to me this morning on my Galaxy Tab s7+ that's been working fine for months since I got it.  I'm very afraid to loose my library since I've added a ton since my last update.  I hope there's some solution for us.
I've had exactly the same thing today on a Samsung Android tablet. Android OS fully up to date as was my version of MobileSheetsPro. In frustration I uninstalled and reinstalled (so have lost all of my annotated files) and the "MSP has stopped" message STILL kept coming up. In further frustration I then did a factory reset of my tablet (I only use it for reading music so didn't have anything else to worry about losing) and it STILL wouldn't ruin when reinstalled. I've been using it successfully for years and loved it but if I can't trust it, and know that this could happen in a concert, I will have to find another solution. 
I have the same problem with my TEO13 Android 8 after the update
MSP stops at once when its starting
please roll back the older version
I have an update that is being released immediately. The issue was caused by a weird build error that didn't include dependencies that are normally included. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. I'm reaching out to users to verify the fix that I've implemented will address the problem. If anyone wants to install the new update immediately, please contact me either through the forums or message me at mike@zubersoft.com and I can help you download the new update directly off my server.

Mike
Another failure: same symtoms, Galaxy Tab S7+
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum.../angry.gif

(09-09-2021, 02:05 AM)Oggatron Wrote: I've had exactly the same thing today on a Samsung Android tablet. Android OS fully up to date as was my version of MobileSheetsPro. In frustration I uninstalled and reinstalled (so have lost all of my annotated files) and the "MSP has stopped" message STILL kept coming up. In further frustration I then did a factory reset of my tablet (I only use it for reading music so didn't have anything else to worry about losing) and it STILL wouldn't ruin when reinstalled. I've been using it successfully for years and loved it but if I can't trust it, and know that this could happen in a concert, I will have to find another solution. 
After you get a fix for this, you might consider doing what I do:-

1) TURN OFF auto updating of MSP - this means that you don't suddenly find that it isn't working immediately before a gig.

2) Manually update MSP when you have have plenty of time before the next gig (or if you need a new or updated feature).

3) Prior to updating, use the Companion to make a backup of the database and library - this gives you something to go back to should the need arises.
Note: If you are constantly updating the database then you need to back up more frequently than this e.g anytime that you feel you wouldn't want to try and recreate songs or their updates.

4) Consider not updating immediately after Mike announces a new version - this let's others experience any unwanted side effects first! (learnt from the MicroSoft updates, sadly not so easy nowadays)

Stay safe

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(09-09-2021, 02:33 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: After you get a fix for this, you might consider doing what I do:-

1) TURN OFF auto updating of MSP - this means that you don't suddenly find that it isn't working immediately before a gig.

2) Manually update MSP when you have have plenty of time before the next gig (or if you need a new or updated feature).

3) Prior to updating, use the Companion to make a backup of the database and library - this gives you something to go back to should the need arises.
Note: If you are constantly updating the database then you need to back up more frequently than this e.g anytime that you feel you wouldn't want to try and recreate songs or their updates.

4) Consider not updating immediately after Mike announces a new version - this let's others experience any unwanted side effects first! (learnt from the MicroSoft updates, sadly not so easy nowadays)

Stay safe

Geoff

Excellent advice - thanks Geoff
I have great backups. Unfortunately, that doesn't give me access to annotated versions of the music. The fact is, this update was inadequately tested and should not have been released. It makes me wonder if MobileSheets Pro is ready for prime time. A glitch like this would be disastrous for anybody using it in a performance. Backups don't give you playlists, notes, and even the familiarity of using a familiar device.

(09-09-2021, 02:33 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: After you get a fix for this, you might consider doing what I do:-

Stay safe

Geoff
Further disaster. I have a spare identical Acer tablet containing the library for backup / insurance. At first that seemed to be opening MS Pro correctly. That has now gone down and is showing the same message about the repeated failure of MS Pro to open. My last recourse (for a gig that starts in one hour!) mis an Onyx 'e-ink' tablet that has an adapted version of MS Pro installed. At present, it seems to be opening properly but, as others have found, it's a serious matter if the app can't be relied on.
An update is now available through Google Play which just reverts back to version 3.2.7. I will be adding extra testing steps to ensure this never happens in the future. The issue is one that I've never seen before that seems to be caused by some of the development tools. So now that I'm aware of the potential issues, I have additional tests I will perform before any release.

Mike
Thank you!
(09-09-2021, 06:17 AM)brenda@twinoaks.org Wrote: Thank you!

Thank you Mike for your speedy attention to this problem. Agreed it's not a good idea to update just before a gig. Lesson learned.