• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feature request: send MIDI when *leaving* a song
It would be a great improvement if MIDI could be sent from mobile sheets pro when a song is unloaded.

Right now, it is possible to turn on an effect or something by sending MIDI CC when loading a song - which is great!
But it is not possible to turn off the effect when unloading the song by sending the "reverse" MIDI CC.

Example: I turn on the delay(echo) effect in the mixer via MIDI CC when loading a specific song.
But when returning to the song list, I have to turn off the delay manually. 
I work around this with a smart button "delay off" in the song, which I have to press before leaving the song.
But if I forget, there is no way to turn off the delay unless I return to the song I just finished.
I'll write up an issue in my bug tracking system to look into supporting that once time allows. I can certainly see the value in that.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-14-2022, 04:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll write up an issue in my bug tracking system to look into supporting that once time allows. I can certainly see the value in that.

Thanks,
Mike

Great, looking forward to it Smile

btw: Fantastic app! Have been working with it for six years now, and will never go back to paper sheets...
(02-14-2022, 04:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll write up an issue in my bug tracking system to look into supporting that once time allows. I can certainly see the value in that.

Thanks,
Mike

Just a little reminder...
This is still my only wish for the next release!
My MIDI setup is growing, and it is all controlled via mobile sheets. Works great. If I could only send MIDI messages when leaving a song...
You could add a smart button to trigger that in the meantime. Just tap the button before leaving the song and it would unload things for you. This request never received any support from any other users, so I can't raise its priority above requests that I'm frequently getting and features that I promised to implement a long time ago. So while it's still in my list of things to do, it will probably not get added in any of the next few updates. The issue is that this will require database and UI changes, so it's not something I can just slipt into an update, and it creates an incompatibility between versions, which I try to only do periodically as I get 50-100 emails each time this happens because users get confused about how to update the app on their device.  There has to be a way to configure each MIDI command to say whether it should be triggered when the song is loaded, versus when it is "unloaded". So I could add another toggle like the existing two for this, but that will still require database changes to track the new field, and code to process the new field. The smart button approach I mentioned will accomplish the same goal - it just requires that you manually trigger the button at the end of the song.

If more people throw their weight behind needing this, then I can certainly raise its priority and get it implemented sooner.

Mike
(03-02-2023, 04:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You could add a smart button to trigger that in the meantime. Just tap the button before leaving the song and it would unload things for you. This request never received any support from any other users, so I can't raise its priority above requests that I'm frequently getting and features that I promised to implement a long time ago. So while it's still in my list of things to do, it will probably not get added in any of the next few updates. The issue is that this will require database and UI changes, so it's not something I can just slipt into an update, and it creates an incompatibility between versions, which I try to only do periodically as I get 50-100 emails each time this happens because users get confused about how to update the app on their device.  There has to be a way to configure each MIDI command to say whether it should be triggered when the song is loaded, versus when it is "unloaded". So I could add another toggle like the existing two for this, but that will still require database changes to track the new field, and code to process the new field. The smart button approach I mentioned will accomplish the same goal - it just requires that you manually trigger the button at the end of the song.

If more people throw their weight behind needing this, then I can certainly raise its priority and get it implemented sooner.

Mike

Hello dear Mike
With the same idea, it will be fine to tell that turning a page of  a  pdf to the next page automatically trigger a single smart button  on this "next page" to  get  a  midi  program change per page
It's difficult  for  a guitarist to perform the triggering of the  midi  program change smart  button with the two  hands  buzy when a pedal page  turner could allow this  PC  easyly
Buts  perhaps  this exist  and  i  have not find  it ?
Could  it be a solution for  the topic  telling the  smart button to do  the  job  when the  last page is  turned  off?
Thank you
Cheers
Jean Francois
I have considered adding an option to turn pages and trigger smart buttons kind of like the existing pedal action to turn pages or trigger link points. This would provide the functionality you need.

Mike
Thank you Mike for this quick reactive  answer
This feature will be so kind Smile
No more  pdf to explode in multipages to  get a  Program Change per page (ouf) 
with my best regards
Jean francois (France)