• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clear search on enter
Love the app, but there's one big annoyance. I make my set lists by typing some of the song title in the search then hitting "enter" to add to the set list. To type the next song though, I have to backspace several times, or hold down, to clear the search field so I can enter the next song. 

It would be nice if when you hit "enter" the search field would clear so the next search could begin immediately. I don't see any downside to this, but if an option is needed to decide how the field responds that could be a check box next to the search function. 

Thanks for considering.
If pressing enter results in a song being added to the setlist, I can certainly consider having the search text cleared immediately afterward. I don't really see a downside to this unless someone wanted to add multiple songs in a row with similar names which I imagine wouldn't happen very often.

Mike
(03-17-2022, 03:31 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If pressing enter results in a song being added to the setlist, I can certainly consider having the search text cleared immediately afterward. I don't really see a downside to this unless someone wanted to add multiple songs in a row with similar names which I imagine wouldn't happen very often.

Mike

Thanks for considering. I would be a big time saver. In the case of adding songs with similar names, instead of hitting enter you'd click on the songs that come up in the list to add them that way as presumably multiple songs would come up.
I recall having discussed this some time ago but maybe for general search bar behaviour.

Wouldn't it be better to have the search bar not "automatically clear" but just automatically select an entry when you go back (or the first time) to the search bar.

So it would be written over with new input without the need to delete it, but you can still reuse it or append to it.
I'm fine with either approach.

Mike
Could the search entry field[s] be set up so the return to the field highlighted the first entry so it could be used again or written over simply by 'start new word [write over]' or 'space bar/move cursor [add on]'?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
That's what I suggested. Highlighting is the better term.
I'm not sure I'm following, but what I'm suggesting means you never have to move off the search field. You start typing the song name and once your song shows up and is highlighted, you hit enter. The song is added to the set list and the search clears, and the cursor goes back to the beginning of the field so you can enter the next song.  When copying a list your given there is no wasted motion, saving almost 1/2 the time.
The other users have suggested that, once you hit enter and the song is added to the list, the search term is fully selected with the cursor at the end. If you then type a character, it will replace whatever text is there, accomplishing the same goal as clearing it. The benefit of this approach is you can then tap at the end of the search term to clear the selection and edit it instead of having to retype the whole thing, which is valuable if you need to enter a search term that contains the same starting characters as the existing search term.

Mike