• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importing MP3 meta tags not useful
Hi,

whenever I import sound files to a piece of sheet music, some MP3 tags seem to automatically be imported - e.g. artists. Which is pretty annoying for me, as I'm usually not interested in the executing artists who only stand for a musical example or practicing audio file and have nothing to do with the more or less know artist who stands behind the song.

In the beginning, I was wondering where all those tags came from and didn't know if the names were inserted from me or not. I'm now a little more experienced and often know that I need to delete an entry after importing a play-along file. But this can't be what it is meant for: Having more labour with keeping the data base clean instead of less work.

At the moment, I have more than 1300 songs from 430 composers and ~100 artists. Christian songs, pop music, jazz... A lot of them are from artists I don't know very well - so it's hard to distinct the correct and the faulty entries. Often, I only need those entries for copyright reasons.

What do other users think about that?
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200
If you import PDFs or other files, this should not impact your metadata at all. If you import a text or chord pro file, metadata is only populated if Settings->Text File Settings->Use Text Fields During Song Creation is enabled. If importing MP3 files, metadata is only populated if Settings->Import Settings->Populate Metadata When Importing Audio is enabled. So you have control over whether the metadata is populated or not.

Mike
Thanks a lot, Mike! I changed that setting immediately. Great news for me - and again great support.

So my enquiry is obsolete.
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200