• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced capitals in song titles
When I edit the title of a song MS forces each word to be capitalized. Even if I choose lower case in my (virtual) keyboard MS will overrule it. The custom in English speaking countries to handle titles this way is not customary in some other languages. Would it be possible to make this an option that can be switched off? 

Regards,
Defreeze
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
Have you tried unchecking Settings| Import Settings| Capitalize Each Word In Song Fields?

Although you are editing the song name rather than importing the song, this field may still have an effect (to ensure naming consistency in the library).

Also when importing songs, you might want to choose "Use filename as song name"; I think the default on the import dialog is something like "Guess song name from file name"

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'll have to think of an approach to handling this that doesn't require an additional setting, because there are a number of text fields throughout the app that are set to capitalize each word. I'd like to have a consistent approach to handling this throughout the app, like having a little settings icon next to the keyboard that can toggle things like the capitalization behavior, spell checking, and perhaps which type of keyboard to use (characters vs numbers).

Mike
(08-21-2022, 01:31 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Have you tried unchecking Settings| Import Settings| Capitalize Each Word In Song Fields?

Although you are editing the song name rather than importing the song, this field may still have an effect (to ensure naming consistency in the library).

Also when importing songs, you might want to choose "Use filename as song name"; I think the default on the import dialog is something like "Guess song name from file name"

Geoff

I cannot find the settings item you refer to in my (Dutch) version of MS.

Defreeze
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
That setting is not currently available in the Windows version of MobileSheets due to differences in Microsoft's vs Google's frameworks. I will investigate whether it's possible to support that option, but ultimately what I mentioned before is what will have to be implemented.

Mike