• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimal organization?
I have Mobile Sheets Pro on a MS Surface Pro, with 200+ hymns and gospel songs, 200+ secular lead sheets, a half dozen fakebooks, and a handful of classical piano pieces.

I would like to have discrete lists.

Is Collections the proper "controller"?
That seems to be the most flexible in terms of naming.

TIA for advice.
Dave
I use custom groups to separate different collections on my Surface Pro 3, works like a charm.
I use collections to separate the groups I play in and don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Suggest  you give it a try

To set it up,
1 display Songs tab
2. long press one song until it displays a check box
3. Check other songs in this group
4. Edit
5. Specify the required collection name.

Repeat fror the other collections.
Note: you can use the filter mechanism to exclude songs that exist in one or more collections. This makes selection of the remaining songs easier. Likewise, if your songs all contain a specific word eg fake,  you can limit the display to those songs.

A song can be in more than collection.

Should you find rhat collections aren't what you want, you can just delete them (the songs will still exist as they can only be deleted from the Songs tab).

Another alternative is to use the companion to perform the collection manipulation - this allows common window mouse operations to select multiple items

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
In addition to collections, I use Albums for my books [fakebooks, and various music books].
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Thanks Leaux, Geoff and Skip for your feedback.

Is there a way to extract everything (it is all PDF) as individual files instead of the "export" file....that seems to force reloading using the previous organization.

I'm running everything on Windows 10.

Thanks.
Dave
Dave,

Are you saying you have one large PDF that you want to break into smaller PDFs? I just want to make sure I understand the question you are asking.

Mike
(10-18-2022, 03:06 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Dave,

Are you saying you have one large PDF that you want to break into smaller PDFs? I just want to make sure I understand the question you are asking.

Mike

No, Mike.
I have 200+ individual PDFs that I would like to "extract" as individual files and then reorganize them before uploading them again to MS.

Thanks.
d.
Then go to the Songs tab, long press a song to select it, tap the select all icon at the bottom right to select all songs (or tap each one you want to export), then tap Share->Export files. That's the best way to export all of the files from MobileSheets.

Mike
(10-18-2022, 04:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Then go to the Songs tab, long press a song to select it, tap the select all icon at the bottom right to select all songs (or tap each one you want to export), then tap Share->Export files. That's the best way to export all of the files from MobileSheets.

Mike

That worked GREAT, Mike!  Many thanks.
First I tried exporting to GoogleDrive, but even though I was logged into GD, the export didn't seem to work, so I used "Plan B" which is the 64GB SD card.  All 297 files named as expected.  PERFECT!

Thanks again.
d.