• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 2)
And another bug that I haven't found in your list yet...  Angel
In view 3 of the music player, I cannot select any songs from the track list. Even if I change the song using the buttons (that works), the marking doesn't move with it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And one more thing:
The app crashes as soon as I switch to bookmarks tab (there are over 1700 bookmarks in my library).

Here the configuration:
  • Library Settings
  • Tab selection and order
  • Unhide bookmarks

Configuring this works fine, the app crashes as soon as I select the tab.
I sent a crash report.
Another crash bug:
If I select and deselect a song in the overview (regardless of which tab), the app crashes.
I can select/deselect multiple songs. The phenomenon only occurs when I deselect the last entry.
Very impressive.  I am pleasantly surprised at how well the beta version works.  Thank you so much!
A few things I noted:

1) Blank page in landscape mode:  In landscape mode, viewing two pages side-by-side, if you are in Annotation mode and move forward 1+ pages, and then go back 1+ pages, the left page is not displayed and just goes black.  (This differs from the Windows app behavior.)

2) "Load All" button not working:  When viewing library in the "Custom Group", "Collections", "Genres", or "Composers" tabs, the "Load All" button does not do anything.  In "Setlists" tab, the "Load All" button does work however.  (This differs from the Windows app behavior.)

3) Minor: When viewing library, if filtering is deselected, the space where the filter parameters were just replaced with a black space, instead of being filled in with the library list below.  fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

4) App crashes when switching between portrait and landscape modes.  fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

5) User-defined stamps not importing:  After transferring library from Windows app to iPad, the user-defined Stamps generated from a jpg/png/bmp on the Windows app are not present when viewing the same score on the iPad.  (maybe this is expected)

6) After clicking on "Manual", the manual opens in a web browser, but when you return to MobileSheets, the screen is black and cannot exit out of the black screen, requiring a restart of the app. fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

7) Crash when adding a piece to a setlist either by:
    viewing a score, click on the Setlist icon on the bottom of the page, then click on "+"
    or
    selecting and holding a piece in the library and clicking on "Add to Setlist" from top menu
    or
    viewing a setlist and clicking on "Add to Setlist" from top menu

8) Crash in Annotation mode:  App crashes sometimes when entering Annotation mode, or when clicking on the Layers icon in annotation mode.  Seems to occur on pages with lots of annotations.

9) Filter not updating:  When searching library using filter, clicking on the "x" to the right of the filter clears out the text in the filter field but does not update the results to show all items.

10) Zoom blackout:  Zooming gets progressively choppier the further you zoom in.  Zooming too far into the music causes the screen to go black.  (Panning is nice and smooth though Smile)

11) Piece Title Formatting not setting correctly:  Settings > Library Settings > Piece Title Formatting: unable to change Caption Format.  Stuck on default %ARTISTS% - %ALBUMS%.  Any changes made to Caption Format show up as changes Title Format instead.

12) Left-swipe delete not working on setlists:  Left-swiping on a Setlist title and then selecting "delete" does not delete the setlist.  Click-and-hold to select the setlist and then clicking on "delete" from the top of the screen does delete it though.

13) "Library Text Size" has no effect:  Settings > Library Settings > Library Text Size: changing text size has no effect.

14) Black on black text:  With "Use Dark Theme" on, sometimes Collections, Composers, and Custom Group shows piece titles in black text on black background (text is only visible on alternating grey lines).  Occurs in both empty and non-empty groups.  I can reproduce this by starting with default settings, enabling "Use Dark Theme", and enabling "Skip Viewing Groups with One Piece".

15) "Tab Selection and Order" list modification issues:  Settings > Library Settings > Tab Selection and Order: left-swipe and delete an item in the "Available Tabs" column deletes item in "Displayed Tabs" column.  If the index of the deleted "Available Tabs" item is higher than the length of "Displayed Tabs", the app crashes.

16) Loss of annotation tools:  In annotation mode, click and hold one of the annotation tools on the top menu, which turns the icon orange and displays the tool label balloon.  Click elsewhere on the page to make the label balloon go away.  The icon stays highlighted orange and cannot be selected for use.

17) Bookmarks "Show All Pieces" checkbox:  When viewing a score, click on the Bookmark icon at bottom of screen, and "+" to add a new bookmark.  Clicking on "Show All Pieces" checkbox sometimes does nothing.  (On the Windows app, selecting the "Show All Pieces" groups bookmarks by piece/song.

18) Landscape/portrait Display Mode not always respected:  Set landscape Default Settings Display Mode to "Two Pages" and set portrait Default Settings Display Mode to "Single Page".  Completely close app (on iPad home screen, swipe up from bottom to show all apps running in the background, and close MobileSheets).  Open app with iPad in landscape orientation and select a multi-page piece of music to view.  Rotate iPad to portrait orientation mode, but two pages will continue to be displayed, instead of switching to single-page.  (If the grey top/bottom banners are being displayed, then rotating the iPad will result in the correct single/multi pages being displayed.)

19) Left-swipe of a piece/song in setlist removes the piece/song from library rather than removing it from the setlist.  (Perhaps this behavior is intentional.)

20) Hide filter setting resets after re-opening app:  Hide the filter banner, close app, re-open app, filter is displayed again.  (Maybe not a bug, but behaviour differs from Windows app.  In Windows app, if you hide the filter and close/re-open the app, the filter stays hidden.)

21) Annotation banner goes blank when rotating from landscape to portrait orientation.

22) Annotation Stamps window cuts off contents if the Stamps window is open when rotating between portrait and landscape modes, especially when going from landscape to portrait mode.

iPad model: iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)  MHNH3LL/A
ios version: 15.6.1
Thanks for all the bug reports everyone. I'm still aiming to release a new build tonight, although I may not be able to address everything that's been reported so far. I will create a new thread and transfer over all of the issues that have not been addressed yet. I have a family vacation starting tomorrow through next Friday, and while I will still be aiming to get some work done throughout the trip, progress will slow down for a bit. Unfortunate timing with the start of the beta, but I'll definitely try to get things to a stable point so that users can mostly use the app normally.

Mike