• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 5)
Hello Mike,

I have the following request with the hope that the implementation on your side is not a big effort:
Would it be possible to add support for split screen (see attachement)?

I think that would be very helpful for many users.
As far as I know, this is also possible in ForeScore, for example.

Thanks in advance.

Many greetings
Tobias

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Beim bearbeiten von mehreren Seiten auf einmal, kann nach dem blättern auf die zweite oder dritte Seite nichts mehr bearbeitet werden. Wird die pdf geschlossen und man macht direkt die 3. Seite auf kann diese wieder bearbeitet werden.

Wenn man beim bearbeiten vom Querformat ins Hochformat wechselt, sind die Anzeigebalken verschoben.

Leider kann ich den Screenshot gerade nicht hinzufügen
Tobias - I'll see if I can reproduce the cropping issue. The loading screen issue is probably the same thing that's happening with the song editor image preview where it sometimes does that too. I'll need to figure that out. As far as split screen, I tried enabling it, but it caused a slew of issues across the entire application. It introduced so many bugs, that I'm not ready to tackle that yet. I'd rather get the iOS version released, and then work on this with a future update. If you'd like to continue beta testing after the official release to ensure it all works correctly, that would certainly help.

Ec73 - Thanks, I'll look into the alphabet letter issue.

earhere - That is normal behavior. The song is being scaled down due to the height being reduced by the next up song bar. The only way to prevent that would be for the next up bar to draw on top of the score, which I'm assuming most users would not want

Rags - In order to restore off the cloud, the backup file is first downloaded, then is used to extract data. That's why you don't see a transferring message with the local or iCloud option - they are just reading off the internal storage, so no transfer occurs. I'll look into the audio file icon issue. I already have fixes in place that should address floating windows not being positioned properly.

Serafin - Unfortunately, I used outdated font files for the stamps, so that stamp isn't included in the list. I've fixed this for the next build, so it should display properly, but you may need to reset the stamp window to see the stamp in the list.

Diebat - I'll see if I can reproduce that. The issue with rotating the tablet is listed in the known issues.

Thanks everyone,
Mike
A few things:

- Changes to "Snap to Grid" and "Show Grid" sometimes don't take.  The setting only takes when you click on the checkbox.  Clicking on the text next to the checkbox changes the checkbox state, but does not actually change the setting.

- Clock overlay is in 24-hour format regardless of system settings.  

- Clock overlay appears to be stuck on Standard Time (displays one hour ahead of Daylight Savings Time) - cannot reproduce.

- Annotations stop working after switching between portrait and landscape view.

- Display Mode (Single Page, Two Pages, Half Page, Vertical) reverts back to old setting after switching from landscape to portrait and back to landscape.
Json - Thanks, fixed the grid issues. As far as the clock, the code currently respects the locale of whatever language is selected in the settings. I'm going to change this to instead use whatever the default locale is - we can see if that fixes the issue and it uses the system settings. The annotation issue should be fixed with the next update. As far as the display mode changing, that is most likely because the current state is not saved until you actually tap the OK button, and if you flip back and forth between orientations, it's going to revert back to your current settings in those orientations. I'll look into fixing it so it doesn't lose the selection state.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-01-2022, 06:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Tobias - I'll see if I can reproduce the cropping issue. The loading screen issue is probably the same thing that's happening with the song editor image preview where it sometimes does that too. I'll need to figure that out. As far as split screen, I tried enabling it, but it caused a slew of issues across the entire application. It introduced so many bugs, that I'm not ready to tackle that yet. I'd rather get the iOS version released, and then work on this with a future update. If you'd like to continue beta testing after the official release to ensure it all works correctly, that would certainly help.

Ec73 - Thanks, I'll look into the alphabet letter issue.

earhere - That is normal behavior. The song is being scaled down due to the height being reduced by the next up song bar. The only way to prevent that would be for the next up bar to draw on top of the score, which I'm assuming most users would not want

Rags - In order to restore off the cloud, the backup file is first downloaded, then is used to extract data. That's why you don't see a transferring message with the local or iCloud option - they are just reading off the internal storage, so no transfer occurs. I'll look into the audio file icon issue. I already have fixes in place that should address floating windows not being positioned properly.

Serafin - Unfortunately, I used outdated font files for the stamps, so that stamp isn't included in the list. I've fixed this for the next build, so it should display properly, but you may need to reset the stamp window to see the stamp in the list.

Diebat - I'll see if I can reproduce that. The issue with rotating the tablet is listed in the known issues.

Thanks everyone,
Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the quick assessment.
I'm still available as a beta tester after the official release!

Many greetings
Tobias
(12-01-2022, 07:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Json - Thanks, fixed the grid issues. As far as the clock, the code currently respects the locale of whatever language is selected in the settings. I'm going to change this to instead use whatever the default locale is - we can see if that fixes the issue and it uses the system settings. The annotation issue should be fixed with the next update. As far as the display mode changing, that is most likely because the current state is not saved until you actually tap the OK button, and if you flip back and forth between orientations, it's going to revert back to your current settings in those orientations. I'll look into fixing it so it doesn't lose the selection state.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks, yes, the clock is now displaying based on system settings.
And it looks like the Grid buttons are working nicely now in build 7.
And some of the issues fixed when switching between portrait/landscape mode.
Thank you!
Is it possible to partecipate to the betatesting? I’m really interested into this program that I heard is one of the best for Android.
Thanks
Michele
I've sent you an email.

Mike