• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 5)
Build 5 has been released, and with it a huge number of bug fixes and a few performance enhancements. Follow the link below to see the full list of fixes.

Fixes in build 5: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9271.html

This is the list of known issues with build 5:

1) The "Quality" PDF library has been added back, but despite 7 hours of attempts to fix the issue with the weird green distortion of images with colored PDFs, I was unable to fix the issue. Something very weird is happening in the PDF library, but it's going to be extremely difficult to determine. I have made the Speed PDF library the default library, and even changed the configuration entry for "Render Preference" to ensure all users start with the speed library. I have left the "Quality" PDF library for users that want the very minor image quality improvements in case that library works fine with their PDFs. I may revisit this once I have more time/bandwidth, but for now, it's at the bottom of the priority list.
2) (FIXED) The MIDI listen dialog does not create a batch MIDI command when the + icon is tapped
3) Zooming gets progressively slower the more you zoom in. I'm going to try to address this, but it's going to be difficult. I am going to see if I can increase the rendering speed by only rendering the parts of the image that are actually visible on the screen (which is more difficult than it sounds when you take into account zooming, cropping, rotation, different coordinate systems and display scaling, etc).
4) Share->Share Files is not displaying the share popup
5) Some users are experiencing issues restoring/synchronizing large libraries. Additional investigation is needed along with a way to reliably reproduce problems.
6) Song format dialog allows format string fields to expand past the edge of the dialog
7) Smart buttons are not rendering as desired and size needs to be adjusted
8) (FIXED)Print feature is not allowing for configuration after selecting printer.
9) (FIXED) Rotating the tablet while annotating causes windows to be sized incorrectly and the toolbar collapses all icons into the overflow menu
10) (FIXED) Selected MIDI devices are not saved correctly after exiting Configure MIDI Connections dialog.
11) Long pressing icons in the annotations editor causes selection state issues
12) Pedal actions dialog extends past the top/bottom of the screen in landscape
13) In some situations, the first page of a document will not be shown correctly in the fields tab of the song editor (an endless spinning circle is shown). Changing the page fixes this.
14) If the title bar is always displayed, text annotations are shifted when adding them in the annotation editor.

Companion app version 3.1.8 has also been released as I've added some fixes that should help with library restores not finishing after 100% (which will also help the Android and Windows versions).

Mike
Hallo Mike,
1.) Audiosymbole werden immer noch nicht in den Setlisten mit angezeigt, obwohl sie vorhanden sind.
      Bei den anderen Sammlungen etc. Wird das korrekt angezeigt.

2.) Weiterhin kann man den Autostart des Metronomes nicht anwählen, obwohl der Schieberegler angezeigt wird.

3.) Dateien teilen geht nicht, es kommt dann keine Möglichkeit z.B. email etc.

4.) MSF-File importieren von OneDrive funktioniert nicht (MSF-Datei enthält auch eine MP3)
      Wenn ich die PDF zuerst importiere und dann die MP3 als Audio mit einfüge klappt das, nur als komplettes MSF-File leider nicht!

Gruß Roland
Mike, firstly THANK YOU
Re point 5 restoring and sync. Am I being an idiot and making a basic mistake when trying to sync to a .msb file when using non iOS device to create .msb

When you originally save the .msb to iCloud from Microsoft or ‘Fire’ android version it states on iOS device 
1. The backup file seems to be invalid.
2. Failed to synchronise library to selected back up.
When you save 
However when you originally save the .msb to ONEDrive from Microsoft or android it gives a different error “ the file, mobile sheets pro back up.MSB couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.“

does anybody know if the error with duplicates is sorted now before I retest this with regard to restoring from pdf library (because I can’t sync back up file) ? 
Thanks in advance
When the song info/scrubber overlay is visible, flipping pages results in an uncentered scroll animation that then "pops" or "snaps" into position after the page flip is completed. See the screenshots for during- and after- page turns. This was immediately after a song import with auto-crop.

This doesn't happen full screen (when the scrubber isn't visible).
[Image: ZoTGAvr.jpg]
[Image: 2GgOqlP.jpg]
Hi!

I made a library backup with the companion of my mobile sheets library using my windows tablet. then i connected my ipad and restored it. it hung on "Über 7 Brücken". Please note the german letter "ü" as I think that's the reason.

I'll retry it after changing it to "ue".
Rolle0203 - Thanks for the bug reports. As far as #3, that is a known issue as listed in the first post.

Elguano - Thanks, I'll get that fixed

Cazza - I'll look into the issues with the sync to a backup file feature, but in general, most users should not be using that feature. If you are just wanting to restore a library from a backup file, you should instead go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. That should work without issue and also restores application settings (whereas the sync to a backup file does not). The only reason that "Sync to a backup file" feature exists is to support organizations that need to merge a backup file to many devices without WiFi connectivity, and they want to preserve the annotations of individual musicians while merging. 

hollermann - I really don't think characters with umlauts should be an issue, but let me know if you continue to run into issues.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I noticed the following when inserting pictures to a new song via camera:

When cropping the images manually, I sporadically get a permanent loading screen (screenshot 1).
After I was able to crop an image, the cropped frame shifts to the top right (compare screenshots 2 and 3).

Many greetings
Tobias

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-28-2022, 04:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Rolle0203 - Thanks for the bug reports. As far as #3, that is a known issue as listed in the first post.

Elguano - Thanks, I'll get that fixed

Cazza - I'll look into the issues with the sync to a backup file feature, but in general, most users should not be using that feature. If you are just wanting to restore a library from a backup file, you should instead go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. That should work without issue and also restores application settings (whereas the sync to a backup file does not). The only reason that "Sync to a backup file" feature exists is to support organizations that need to merge a backup file to many devices without WiFi connectivity, and they want to preserve the annotations of individual musicians while merging. 

hollermann - I really don't think characters with umlauts should be an issue, but let me know if you continue to run into issues.

Mike

Thanks for prompt reply. 

I use the sync feature as I’m using on two Amazon fire tablets as well as new version on iPad . I’m constantly adding new pdfs and want a quick way to sync between devices whilst I’m trialing the beta . Hence using the sync feature - unless this isn’t the best way to do this ?
Then you'd want to use the Sync Library->Sync to another device or Sync to a cloud folder options. Synchronizing to a backup file is the slowest approach by far.

Mike
I need help with something - are any beta testers using one of the newer Yamaha keyboards such as the Genos, SX600, 700 or 900? One user has been helping to try to test the linking feature as well as loading registrations on the keyboard, and has not had any success so far. It would be good to verify whether every tester is seeing the same behavior. I have tested with MIDI monitoring applications, and it seems like all of the messages are being sent from MobileSheets in the exact same way as the Android version, but for some reason they are not working for the tester I mentioned.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,

When configuring setlists or collections, the Alphabet/letters shortcut on the right side of the screen does not respond to the letter you choose to find a song.
So you have to scroll through the whole songlist to get to the desired song to select and add to the playlist.
When i'm in the songlist, the alphabet/letters shortcuts works fine.
When in setlist mode…the last page of a score that has the next song notification bar on top will be zoomed out and have 2 black bars on the side…see screenshot.

Attached Files
.pdf   Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 12.53.20.pdf (Size: 363.71 KB / Downloads: 6)
hi Mike,

thanks a lot for all your efforts!
Using build 5 now I'm able to import a .msb backup I've done in Android on my iPad Air with about 450 entries (pdf and jpg), no crashing anymore. I used Google Drive to backup/restore the msb file.
Great!!!
Also Bluetooth connection to a pageturner works as in Android.

Cheers,
Chris
I have tried to restore from Dropbox but have been unsuccessful. I am using a MobilesheetsProBackup file that is 3.1 GB. When trying to restore using Dropbox Mobilesheets will show the % of Transfer but at the 100% the screen goes blank and a restart of Mobilesheets is required. I have used the same file Locally and on the ICloud with success from both. During the local and ICloud restore Mobilesheets displays the unpacking screen as opposed to the % of Transfer.

In the Windows version of Mobilesheets when an audio file has been attached to a song a musical note is displayed on the song line so you know a song is attached. In the IOS version I do not see any indication of the song being attached. It does however play the audio when the song has been attached previously ( from the restore ). I can edit the song and add an audio file in the IOS version but I do not see any indication of such.

A minor issue when I first try to open the audio player after a restore. The audio player box appears the upper part of the screen and is only displaying half of the box. The lower half and no controls are shown. This only occurs on the first try. After that is cleared it appears to display normal and controls are present.
FYI, I'm still seeing an issue with incorrect symbols appearing in annotations. Example attached. It wasn't clear to me whether or not this was one of the issues listed as fixed.

Expected:     

Getting: