• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import but edit individual files
Is there any way to import multiple files but then set different gerenes and tags for each individual file?
Not at the moment - you would have to edit each song afterward to add the metadata. In the future, I will support a way of batch importing songs using a csv file to populate the metadata that way. I may also support extracting metadata from filenames. 

Mike
Hi Limeman,
if you have organized your files in folders- with each folder ist a genre (e.g.) you can let automatically fill out the metadata (e.g. genre) by the folder names.
Have a look at "Populate Metadata from Directories" in the user-guide
Works also in a folder-structure
Jonny
Jonny is absolutely correct - I should have mentioned that functionality. Thanks Jonny Smile

Mike
(11-30-2022, 11:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Not at the moment - you would have to edit each song afterward to add the metadata. In the future, I will support a way of batch importing songs using a csv file to populate the metadata that way. I may also support extracting metadata from filenames. 

Mike

Hi Mike,
any planned release date for this new functionality for csv metadata import?

Thanks and regards
Hi Mike,
any update or release date for this planned new csv metadata functionality you described?
Thanks and regards
It's on my list of things to do. Just getting bogged down by customer support requests, minor bug reports and lingering issues with the last couple months of updates. I'm several months behind on the schedule, but hopefully I'll start making a dent on the new planned features soon.

Mike