• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 6)
Build 6 has been released with a fair number of bug fixes. I wanted to get this build out sooner to address some of the obvious problems and crashes so I don't get a lot of duplicate reports. I'm also investigating linking issues with the Genos and PSR-SX keyboards, and wanted to release some changes so that they could be tested sooner.  I'm still going through all of the bug reports and will need to follow up with users, as I'm unable to reproduce a fair number of them. 

Fixes in build 6: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...-9287.html

This is the list of known issues with build 6:

1) (FIXED) Zooming gets progressively slower the more you zoom in.
2) (FIXED) Share->Share Files is not displaying the share popup
3) Some users are experiencing issues restoring/synchronizing large libraries. Additional investigation is needed along with a way to reliably reproduce problems.
4) (FIXED) Song format dialog allows format string fields to expand past the edge of the dialog
5) Smart buttons are not rendering as desired and size needs to be adjusted
6) (FIXED) Long pressing icons in the annotations editor causes selection state issues
7) (FIXED) Pedal actions dialog extends past the top/bottom of the screen in landscape
8) (FIXED) In some situations, the first page of a document will not be shown correctly in the fields tab of the song editor (an endless spinning circle is shown). Changing the page fixes this.
9) (FIXED) If the title bar is always displayed, text annotations are shifted when adding them in the annotation editor.
10) (FIXED) The link feature is not working properly with Genos and PSR-SX keyboards.
11) Sync to backup feature needs fixes
12) (FIXED) Display Mode (Single Page, Two Pages, Half Page, Vertical) reverts back to old setting after switching from landscape to portrait and back to landscape.
13) (FIXED) Radial menu popups are offset incorrectly.
14) (FIXED) Major slowdown occurs when there are a lot of annotations on one page, especially piano staff annotations
15) (FIXED) Slight offset off stamps from zoom popup positioning
16) (FIXED) Slight offset when inserting text annotations while zoomed in
17) (FIXED) Can't annotate page after rotating tablet
18) (FIXED) Two and three finger tap actions do not work in annotations editor if stylus mode is active

User reported issues that need to be verified and/or reproduced:

1) Cannot select autostart of the metronome
2) Importing a .msf from OneDrive that contains a PDF and mp3 is not working
3) Page layout issues occur when turning pages with the overlay up (not able to reproduce, need more information)
4) Picture taken with camera and then cropped shows up incorrectly (not able to reproduce, need more information)
5) Transfer errors when restoring large backup files off Dropbox
6) (FIXED) If multiple pages are turned while annotating, nothing can be editing after scrolling to the second or third page
7) Clock overlay showing time that doesn't respect system settings (made changes, needs testing)
8) App closes while synchronizing devices, but no crash is reported (need to know how to reproduce)
9) Using rotation lock and rotating tablet causes page to get smaller
10) Cannot select tracks in audio player when using layout 3
11) Need to verify if annotations in chord pro files are transferring and displaying properly on iOS
12) (FIXED) Setlists are not showing in the recent tab and/or cannot be loaded
13) (FIXED) Report of keys not transferring properly between libraries

Mike
Im Bearbeitungsmodus ist es jetzt nicht mehr möglich auf die nächste Seite zu blättern.
Wenn man ins Querformat wechselt kann nichts mehr bearbeitet werden.

Viele Grüße

Edit: nicht die nächste Seite der pdf sondern in den nächsten Song
Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I have problems with the rotation lock.
As soon as I activate this and turn the tablet, the image gets smaller (see attachment).

Many greetings
Tobias

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello Mike,

The following bug I reported still occurs in Build 6:
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...l#pid39876

Many greetings
Tobias
Einstellungen im Metronom "Autostart" und "Einzählen" funktionieren immer noch nicht.
Keine Änderung zur vorherigen Version...

Thanks for fixing my earlier reported problem with annotated symbols. Here's a new issue to report…

It's always been tricky to be precise with positioning annotations on Chordpro songs since the files render differently on different screens. So, I didn't think much of things looking a bit different in these situations on my iPad Air. Looking more closely however, I see that annotated fonts are much bigger on my iPad than they are on my Windows or Android devices. Is this expected behavior?

Expected (Windows):     

Getting (iPad):     

(Ignore the fact that position looks better on the iPad image.  I was experimenting with things at the time. The issue here is font sizing.)
Hello Mike,

Today I started to deal with the editing mode.
I noticed the following issues:
  • When setting two piano lines in a row, the first piano line disappears as soon as you set the second and reappears after you let go (see Figures 1, 2 and 3). With my Windows tablet, the first line does not disappear during typesetting. In addition, the lines protrude beyond the edge of the picture, no matter how far you pull them.
  • The following buttons in a circle do not yet work under more:
    levels
    settings
    grid
  • By pressing these buttons around, I somehow managed to crash the app twice. Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly recreate the combinations with which this happened.

Many greetings
Tobias

(12-02-2022, 03:16 AM)Serafin Wrote: Thanks for fixing my earlier reported problem with annotated symbols. Here's a new issue to report…

It's always been tricky to be precise with positioning annotations on Chordpro songs since the files render differently on different screens. So, I didn't think much of things looking a bit different in these situations on my iPad Air. Looking more closely however, I see that annotated fonts are much bigger on my iPad than they are on my Windows or Android devices. Is this expected behavior?

Expected (Windows): 

Getting (iPad): 

(Ignore the fact that position looks better on the iPad image.  I was experimenting with things at the time. The issue here is font sizing.)

As I explore this further, I think that the issue has something to relative scaling between rendering of Chordpro songs and annotations.  Drawn annotations are also off scale.  When I change font size in Windows from 29 to about 14, annotations (text and drawings) seem more proportional (lines are better aligned) to what I see on iOS - however, everything becomes smaller on the screen.

By the way, I don't see a way to change font sizes for Chordpro files in iOS.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.
Hello Mike,

I've also noticed that smoothing doesn't seem to work in the pen's "Pressure" mode.
Attached is a drawing of four spirals, each with a different level of smoothing. There isn't a big difference to be seen.

Many greetings
Tobias

(12-02-2022, 07:54 AM)tru Wrote: Hello Mike,

I've also noticed that smoothing doesn't seem to work in the pen's "Pressure" mode.
Attached is a drawing of four spirals, each with a different level of smoothing. There isn't a big difference to be seen.

Many greetings
Tobias

Interesting... I just relaunched the annotation editor and suddenly I was able to draw a spiral with no corners.
The smoothing was at the value 0. Even if I changed the value, other spirals remained qualitatively the same.

Another bug:
No set lists can be called up in the "Recent" tab.
Mike, First I found that opening Build 6 provided the song indication and the songs for each played. I noticed in Build 5 that when pressing on the alphabet letter to search for a song it would not go to the search area. However, In Build 6 that was working fine.

I created a backup file using  Build 6 ISO app to my dropbox account. File was 3.1 GB. I could restore from Dropbox but none of the audio files were present. See #1 and #2 attachent for error message.

I tried to restore from my Ipad Local and my Icloud Drive but received an error that there was an error in the backup file. See #3 attached.

I also created a backup file from a working Mobilesheets Pro Windows app that I was able to restore to the ISO App after copuing the file from my dropbox to the Ipad.

Thanks,

Bill

In Edit Mode there is an action for Two Finger Tap (changing to the tool moving the page around) and an action for Three Finger Tap (ending Edit Mode). They don't work if Stylus Mode is activated. It would be very helpful to have them behave in the same way with Stylus Mode activated as with Stylus Mode deactivated. I'm just not entirely sure anymore if that was the case on my Windows device, since it's been a while since I last was able to use it (it's broken :/)
I sometimes have the effect when adjusting the pen under smoothing that the selection window appears too far down the screen (see attachment).

(12-02-2022, 08:03 AM)tru Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 07:54 AM)tru Wrote: Hello Mike,

Many greetings
Tobias

Interesting... I just relaunched the annotation editor and suddenly I was able to draw a spiral with no corners.
The smoothing was at the value 0. Even if I changed the value, other spirals remained qualitatively the same.

Just found out that the more elements you have on the current page, the more angular the line from the pen gets.
As soon as I delete a few elements, the pen works perfectly again (Comparison screenshot 1 and 2).