• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 8)
Regarding #4 " (CAN'T REPRODUCE) Erratic behavior when resizing a Stamp" - Looks it's fixed in release 8.  I am able to reproduce the issue with an uninstall and fresh install of build 7, using default settings, import any piece of music, add a "flat" stamp, select it, and drag any of the corners of the selection box.

Here are a few more items:

- Quick Action Box:
     - Press-and-hold of the metronome icon to open the metronome settings only works once.  Once you close the metronome settings, subsequent press-and-hold of the metronome icon doesn't open the metronome settings.
     - Assigning a personalized setting to the setlist button reverts back to default setting after restarting the app.  This is if you completely close the app, i.e. swipe up on the ipad home screen to show open apps and kill MobileSheets.
     - Tapping the Play icon on the Quick Action Box always opens the Audio Player, instead of only when you press-and-hold the Play button.  On the Windows version, tapping the play button starts audio playback but does not open the Audio Player window, which is nice so that it doesn't block your view of the music; then if you want to display the Audio Player, you press-and-hold the play button on the Quick Action box - also a very nice feature.

- Audio Player:
     - Changing the "use advanced audio player" in the Audio Player settings does not take effect unless you completely close and re-open the app.  Also sometimes in Audio Player Settings you cannot deselect this setting.
     - In the Audio Player window, if you have multiple items in the track list, you cannot select a track by tapping on it.  Requires swiping left or right to select the track.
Thanks - I'll look into those. I'm surprised by the audio player track list issue though, as that was fixed for build 8 and was working for me the last time I tested it. I'll test again though.

Roland - Fixed, thank you.

Mike
I appear to be able to tap audio tracks in the track list and they immediately switch. Can you verify you are testing with build 8 on that device? I'm not sure how else I can explain why it's not working for you... Why do you believe the "Use advanced audio player" is not taking effect when you switch it? It seems to be taking effect for me. I also verified in the code that it's using the built-in audio engine. All options are available in both modes on iOS, so it isn't obvious which engine is being used if you were expecting pitch shifting and tempo adjustments not to work, for example.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I think I see the cause for your confusion. The icons are not being shown/hidden when the switch is toggled, but they are shown/hidden at startup. I was able to get tempo adjustments to work correctly with the fallback audio engine, so icons will never be hidden now.
(12-14-2022, 06:17 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I appear to be able to tap audio tracks in the track list and they immediately switch. Can you verify you are testing with build 8 on that device? I'm not sure how else I can explain why it's not working for you... Why do you believe the "Use advanced audio player" is not taking effect when you switch it? It seems to be taking effect for me. I also verified in the code that it's using the built-in audio engine. All options are available in both modes on iOS, so it isn't obvious which engine is being used if you were expecting pitch shifting and tempo adjustments not to work, for example.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I think I see the cause for your confusion. The icons are not being shown/hidden when the switch is toggled, but they are shown/hidden at startup. I was able to get tempo adjustments to work correctly with the fallback audio engine, so icons will never be hidden now.
My bad, yes it looks like I can tap on the track name and they switch correctly.  I have had it happen several times now (including in build 9) where clicking on the second track while the first track is already playing causes both tracks to play simultaneously, and audio continues to play after going back to the library screen eventhough "stop audio on back" is on.
Regarding the "use advanced audio player" settings, when I tapped the checkbox for this setting in build 8, the checkbox state would not change between checked/unchecked.  Not having that issue with build 9 though.