• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 8)
Build 8 has been released with a huge number of really important fixes. A lot of issues with zooming were resolved, so it should now work properly with both the standard and HQ modes. Additionally, smart buttons and link points created on Android/Windows will now render in the correct locations, however any smart buttons and link points created in the iOS version may now be positioned incorrectly as a result.  Text and Chord pro files were rendering at half the desired resolution before, which caused problems when moving annotations from Android/Windows. The WiFi MIDI feature will now automatically reconnect, and the icons on the buttons turn orange when a bluetooth or WiFi connection is active. I fixed every issue that was reported that I was able to reproduce with this build, so my hope is that the iOS version is nearing completion. I would love feedback from users if they believe build 8 is stable and bug-free enough for an official release on the Apple store. 

Fixes in build 8: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9313.html

This is the list of known issues with build 8:

1) (FIXED) Annotations shift when song overlay is shown
2) (FIXED) Can't pan horizontally in the annotations editor past a certain point when stylus mode is enabled, touch is enabled and a finger is used to pan
3) (FIXED) A reconnect doesn't happen with MIDI over WiFi if MobileSheets is in the background when the disconnect occurs
4) (FIXED) No option to have MobileSheets stop audio playback from other applications
5) (FIXED) Page slider is partially shown at the bottom of the screen when a setlist is first loaded
6) (FIXED) "A" icon in song editor needs a black background as well as the cropping icon so both show up when the background is white
7) (FIXED) Snipping tool in the annotations editor is inverting colors when the changes are saved
8) (FIXED) Automatic scroll settings dialog is not tall enough when "Scroll entire song in fixed time" is selected
9) (FIXED) Automatic scrolling was observed scrolling pages backwards
10) (FIXED) Action bar has too many icons in the cropping editor for some languages
11) (FIXED) Radial menu jumps to left side of the page if opened at the far right side
12) (FIXED) Nudge window does not properly resume it's last saved position
13) (FIXED) Various windows are not positioned correctly after rotating tablet if they would be offscreen
14) (FIXED) Highlight annotations created before version 3 are not selected properly when "Draw Highlights Behind Page" is enabled
15) (FIXED) Odd zoom behavior when song overlay is shown with two page display 
16) (FIXED) Stamp window issue - if you start with each of the stamp categories (standard, jazz, etc) on page 1, then select a page (page 3 of the standard category for example), then go to a different category (jazz for example), you cannot select the same page number of a different category. If you then select another page (page 2 for example), you end up with two page numbers highlighted.
17) Strange behavior if the stylus goes off the page while making annotations
18) (FIXED) Buttons overlap in the song editor for some languages
19) (FIXED) Cropping is backwards for image files
20) (FIXED) Rotating images takes far too long, needs optimizations
21) (FIXED) Annotations setting popup is horizontally scrollable
22) (FIXED) Create snippet dialog and page range dialog have OK button disabled when first displayed
23) (FIXED) Can't reorder songs on the setlists tab using the numbers on the side

User reported issues that need to be verified and/or reproduced:

1) (FIXED) Transfer errors when restoring large backup files off Dropbox
2) (FIXED) Erratic behavior when resizing a Stamp by using the Select tool to select the Stamp and then dragging the corner of the blue select box.

Thanks everyone for all of the help - I'm hoping we are nearing the finish line so that I can start adding new features to all three versions that users have been requesting for a long time.

Mike
Chord pro annotations are much more usable now. Thank you!

One minor point of feedback in this area (not iOS specific - I see the same issue in Android): It is difficult to see the "A" icon for text display settings in the Chord pro file view... it appears as a white letter over white or sepia background... took me a while to find it... explains why I may have mentioned earlier that this control was missing. In Windows, there's a black square behind the "A" to make it more visible.
Hallo Mike,
die von mir bei BETA 7 gemeldeten Probleme sind komplett behoben.
=> Vielen Dank für den tollen Job mal wieder!

Neues Thema von heute:
=> Wenn man im Bearbeiten Modus mit dem Scheren-Symbol einen Bereich markiert und kopiert,
      ändert sich nach dem Einfügen und Verlassen des Dialoges die Farbe. (siehe Bilder im Anhang)
Gruß Roland

Ran a backup of MobileSheets from my Ipad Pro to Dropbox. MobileSheeets_2022-12-12.msb 3,045,884 KB.

Ran a Restore to my Standard Ipad from Dropbox using DropBox file above. 100% Transfer then blank screen. Did have same database prior to restore.

Cleared the Standard Ipad Mobilesheets and tried the restore again from Dropbox. Same results. Nothing in Database as I had cleared prior to restore.

On Standard Ipad where data had been cleared ran a restore from Icloud ( had previously run a backup to Icloud ). After file was downloaded from Icloud it restored to this Ipad perfectly. Unpacking and transfer ran as expected.

Database is identical to database backed up from Ipad Pro. I have included a link to my Dropbox file.  

Alll other functions I use with Mobilesheets are working fine. Used in both services at my church yesterday with no complications.
Thank you Rags - I'm downloading the file now. I've removed the link to the file from your post as I don't want anyone else downloading your backup file.

Roland - Thank you, I believe that should be an easy fix.

Serafin - are you talking about in the song editor preview area?

Thanks,
Mike
Rags - I restored the file from Dropbox and it completed without hanging like you described. Having said that, there are 1051 missing files, so it looks like almost every file in the entire library is missing. I'm going to try it again and dig into why that that's occurring.

Mike

UPDATE:

Rags - the file you uploaded appears to have major issues. MobileSheets is having to try to skip bad data in the file. I would suggest creating a new backup file and trying to restore that one. I tested this by just putting the backup file on the tablet itself to rule out any Dropbox issues, and the backup file just appears to be corrupted/invalid. I restored the same backup file on Windows, for example, and it also has the same errors there. So this is not an iOS issue.
(12-13-2022, 04:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thank you Rags - I'm downloading the file now. I've removed the link to the file from your post as I don't want anyone else downloading your backup file.

Roland - Thank you, I believe that should be an easy fix.

Serafin - are you talking about in the song editor preview area?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, the song editor preview area (I checked the manual to ensure we were describing the same thing Smile ). To add, I have my background fill color set to white. I just checked - the problem doesn't manifest itself when background is black.
Okay great, I'll work on fixing that - thanks.

Mike
Hallo Mike, hier noch eine weitere Feststellung in der Build-8:
Wenn man eine "Setliste" modifiziert und danach speichert wird am unteren Rand beim Aufrufen eines Songs der Liste ein "Grauer Container" angezeigt.
Dieser beinhaltet den Songnamen und die Seitenzahl.
In den Grundeinstellungen habe ich diese Funktion allerdings nicht mit "anzeigen" markiert.
Der Container wird auch nicht in voller Größe angezeigt.
Nach dem Schließen der Setliste und erneutem Öffnen wird dann alles korrekt (ohne den grauen Container) angezeigt.

Thanks Roland, that is number 5 in my list above and is fixed for the next build.
I can report that I succeed in restoring my 23 GB Backup on my iPad with the latest build. Probably it could have worked with previous build because I was struggling with the restrictions of iOS.
I couldn't backup/restore with dropbox and google drive because my backup was to big for my accounts. I uploaded to PCloud then (it's on the list of cloud service you'll support, right?), then
made it locally available on the iPad. I couldn't restore it from there. I had to export it once again from there to the iPad to the file system (I choose the MSP dir).

From the I could restore the backup very quickly and without any error warnings. I really like iOS/the iPad how it works smoothly with MSP, also with Bluetooth paging (better than on my Android device and on my Windows device) 
which why I will use it for my sheetmusic.

But I really dislike everything else about iOS (file restrictions, design decisions, price and so on). I don't see the intuitivity and I am glad that you're bringing over the UI from Android/Windows, Mike.

I couldn't check the restored database thoroughly but it looks good so far. Before that I tried "restoring" the database by syncing with my Windows device. I always got to about 7 %. I think mostly it stopped because of a cut
WiFi connection. I'm not sure if this coincides with when the screen turns off automatically on the iPad? Maybe a "keep the screen on" is needed here.

Also I was brave enough to play a gig yesterday and it worked well also with my bluetooth pager. As I mentioned before I'm using a camera clicker which works well on Android and Windows. It works 50 % on iOs in so far as
it recognizes one of the BT signals to page forward. The other (volume signal) is recognized on Windows and Android, it is received on the ipad, but it isn't shown in the setting as a pedal signal which can be assigned.
Hi Mike,
thanks for your quick implementation of all the missing things in the iPad-version!
I have just found a really minor bug that does not impact the readiness of the version for an official release (at least in my opinion) but would make sense to fix:
If you export a snippet from a longer song, the dialog that pops up asks for a page range and by default selects the page range from the current to the current page. (e.g. if you are on page 2 of the song it says "pages: 2-2".) But it won't take "2-2" as an input, it wants you to change that to "2" and erase the "-". Having to erase this seems pretty unnecessary to me, since in most cases you should want to just export one page as a snippet so it should either just say "2" or accept "2-2".
I hope I made it clear what I mean Smile
On Windows this works fine
I will certainly get that fixed - thanks!

BRX - I'll make sure the screen stays on during a sync - thanks for that suggestion. I don't think the volume up/down commands can be captured in the iOS version unfortunately. I think the OS intercepts them. As far as cloud services, I have a growing list of them that I will be adding support for, hopefully in the first half of next year.

Mike
(12-13-2022, 06:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Rags - I restored the file from Dropbox and it completed without hanging like you described. Having said that, there are 1051 missing files, so it looks like almost every file in the entire library is missing. I'm going to try it again and dig into why that that's occurring.

Mike

UPDATE:

Rags - the file you uploaded appears to have major issues. MobileSheets is having to try to skip bad data in the file. I would suggest creating a new backup file and trying to restore that one. I tested this by just putting the backup file on the tablet itself to rule out any Dropbox issues, and the backup file just appears to be corrupted/invalid. I restored the same backup file on Windows, for example, and it also has the same errors there. So this is not an iOS issue.

Mike, On Ipad cleared Library and tried to restore from Dropbox file. Got to 100% transfer then crashed. Info sent via Ipad.
Copied Dropbox file to the local storage on Ipad. Lots of errors as you described. Restored partial PDF's, no audio files.
On Ipad Pro ran a backup and saved file locally. Transfered to Icloud . Restored to IPAD from Local and Icloud with no problem. Also restored to IPAD PRO from Icloud with success.

When using Dropbox with same file and trying to restore to IPAD I get the 100% and then crash ( as described in Email )

Sending files using Filemail.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hallo Mike,
Ich habe noch etwas festgestellt:

In den Setlisten konnte man Songs auch außerhalb des Bearbeitungsmodus durch das ändern / überschreiben der Zahlen (Reihenfolge der Songs) am linken Rand einfach verschieben.
Das Überschreiben der Zahl lässt die App zu, allerdings passiert dann nach dem drücken von "ENTER" nichts.
Wäre toll, wenn das auch noch gefixt wird. Cool
Gruß Roland

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)