• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling options in iOS
Photo 
Hello Mike,

Back in the beta phase of the iOS version of MobileSheets, I asked if split view could be activated for the app.
A further thought on this: Would it also be possible at some point in the future to design the app in such a way that it can be scaled a little more dynamically in the Stage Manager?
Currently I can only use them in portrait or landscape format.

Thanks in advance.

Many greetings
Tobias
Hello Tobias,

Can you provide specific examples of what you mean? Are you wanting the entire UI and everything that is displayed to be scaled down? Or are you wanting the UI to dynamically respond to different amounts of space in some way?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,

See attachment 1 and 2 (I cut away the taskbar) - in Stage Manager I can currently only use the app in portrait or landscape format.
I suppose if the split view were activated, would the app be more dynamically scalable here as well?

I can arrange apps like Spotify much more dynamically here.
The feature would be very handy if I want to arrange several apps like Spotify or iReal Pro at the same time, for example.

I just noticed the following problem:
If I switch from portrait to landscape mode in the Stage Manager in one-page mode, the song is enlarged so that I can no longer zoom out. The display only works correctly again when I go back to the menu and open the song again.
See screenshot 3 - actually an A4 page should be shown, but a third of the page is cut off.
I couldn't reproduce the issue in full screen mode.

Many greetings

Tobias

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I believe once I add support with the split view that it may make the app scalable in stage manager. I'll have to experiment with this once I'm working on the spilt view functionality. Part of that work is making the app respond properly to changes in the application window size, which impacts stage manager as well, which is probably why you had those scaling issues with screenshot 3.

Thanks,
Mike
All right. If I can help with testing at a given time, I would be happy  Smile

Many greetings 
Tobias
Hey Mike! I think you've mentioned that split view (and/or related functionality) was in the works. I know you can't provide timeframes, but I'd be curious to know if there's an update. I'm at the point where I may "need" to get a 2nd ipad just for MobileSheets, so I can have it up with Loopy Pro in split view. Too many songs with too many words to remember them all Smile
Well the current version (3.8.14) does support split view. I have supported it for several updates now (I accidentally enabled it and then decided to leave it in). The only thing is that not everything in the entire application works well in split screen mode, as I have to be able to support having the app in a 1/3 configuration in portrait which leaves very little space on the screen. So if you use that mode, some dialogs may be cut off.  I discussed this in a different thread, but I'm basically at the point where I have to support a screen the size of an iPhone in order for the split screen mode to work properly in all situations. So the next major update (which is planned for release over the next 2-3 months) will include all of these changes so that MobileSheets will both work on an iPhone as well as split screen mode even with the 1/3 split in portrait. Feel free to use it right now though - you'll find that most things work properly now. I've already done a fair amount of work so that the action bar properly works in every configuration, and icons in the song overlay will collapse into the menu shown when the bottom left icon is tapped. I'll continue to release changes for this to improve it over time. If you are just viewing scores, then you should have no problems at all using MobileSheets in split screen mode with Loopy Pro on the other side.

Mike