• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affect half-page format
Hello to all,
Mobilesheets has a feature where you can cut half a page.

If the original file is slightly crooked for example, the half-page change would cut a staff line and then some would be on the top half of the page and some on the bottom, or some would be gone entirely. I hope you understand what I mean...

The fact that you can cut the pages yourself manually, I have already used this function and it works well.
What I mean is that - if you work in landscape format and only half a page can be displayed - you can still influence or change the format of these half pages.

I started with a file - in which there are several pieces - and it worked and they stayed that way. Now I can't find how I did it.

Can someone help me?
There are several different things you could be referring to:

1) If you are using the single page display mode with half pages displayed in landscape and half page turns, then you will see an icon in the song overlay at the bottom that looks like a half page with dashes above and below it. If you tap that, you can adjust the half page turn positions for each page.
2) If you have repeated pages by adjusting the page order, then for each page you can crop to remove the parts of the page you don't need. If you tap the second icon at the bottom left corner of the song overlay, you will see the crop option there.
3) If you are using the half page display mode in portrait, I don't currently support adjusting the half page turn position, but that's being added in the next major update.

Mike
Ah ok - thanks a lot - I will try this out.

Hello again,

I've tried it now, but I'm probably making a mistake.

If I click on the symbol (see picture with arrow), a pop-up window opens (see second picture), but I can only confirm and I'm back where I was before. Where is my mistake?
Many Thanks
supersol
So with the half page display mode, you can't currently adjust the half page turn position if that is what you are trying to do. That will be added in the next major update. If you are struggling to find the crop option, let me know and I can take some screenshots. I'm just not sure exactly what you are wanting to do.

Mike
Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I've looked again now.
If you are in half page mode and tap the screen, an icon will appear at the bottom (see screenshot). If you tap this, you can move the position of half the page to how you want it to appear.

I thought I had cropped the pages completely (but I may have chosen that feature after all). That works quite well, but sometimes you can't show the whole sheet and there is a residue at the top or bottom, which you can only see by swiping, because the next page appears when you turn the page.

You probably mean this function - sort of a real selectable cut - that will come with the next general update?
Do you already know approximately when that will be the case?

Thx a lot
Supersol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The next update is adding half page turn positions with the half page display mode. That means you will be able to slide a bar to ensure that a page doesn't cut a measure in half when turning half pages at a time. My goal is to have that released in the next several weeks - I'm almost done with the redesign of the zubersoft website which pushed back the implementation of this feature. I'll be rolling out the new website this week.

Mike
Yay about the half page rework being soon.  Just a thought Mike about the new Website.  Would be wonderful if you had a nice E-Reader displayed and a short video on showing how Mobilesheets performs on one.

I'm glad you're able to make a living making this wonderful program.
I have a page with information about purchasing the e-ink version. I've attached a screenshot of what that page looks like. I can add a video below the description. The website will probably be rolled out without that video initially, as it will take me a little bit of time to record the video.

Thank you so much - I'm grateful every day that I get to work on something I love with such a great community of users.

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ah ok Mike,

thanks a lot. But it's already a nice tool in every way Wink