Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 17,288
» Latest member: kinh88vip
» Forum threads: 6,785
» Forum posts: 39,243

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
CSVFile for Swing and Swe...
Forum: CSV Files
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 1,031
Small change in behaviour...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 67
Can I format the comments...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS)
8 hours ago
» Replies: 9   » Views: 168
Editing of Metadata for a...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 40
Autosave...
Forum: Anything Goes
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 25
E Ink version: design dec...
9 hours ago
» Replies: 9   » Views: 266
Convert "chords over lyri...
Forum: Tips & Tricks, and Guides
10 hours ago
» Replies: 11   » Views: 2,518
Song number support like ...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Yesterday, 07:50 AM
» Replies: 16   » Views: 5,436
"Auto Load & Display Whol...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
05-07-2024, 04:45 PM
» Replies: 8   » Views: 2,411
Overlay Window without ba...
05-07-2024, 04:44 PM
» Replies: 0   » Views: 64

starting MSP instantly crashes my tablet :-(
Posted by: aspiers - 01-19-2016, 10:01 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (8)

Hey Mike (and anyone else listening),

About a week ago, something changed with MSP and/or my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" (2014 edition) - I have no idea what, but now my tablet instantly hard crashes about 98% of the time when I launch MSP on it.  By hard crash I mean the screen goes blank and then it immediately reboots.  I haven't found any other action on the tablet which has the same effect.  Clearly this is a disastrous situation.  Luckily I don't have any professional gigs in the next few days, but soon it will start to become a big problem.

Obviously Android is partially at fault here - no matter what bugs an Android app has, it should never be able to crash the whole system.  But clearly there's something in MSP which needs to be improved here.

Please can you suggest how can I start to debug this?  I am an experienced software developer with a fairly decent understanding of Android, so hopefully we can collaborate to quickly pin this down.

Thanks a lot! from a rather desperate

Adam

Library wiped
Posted by: Marshland - 01-19-2016, 09:57 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Using latest versions (2.2.4, 1.3.3), went to transfer one PDF file from Companion to app, connection was broken for an unknown reason. Reconnected and the library had vanished, the files are still present in memory, so obviously just the database was wiped/corrupted.

Using Android v4.2.2

restore fails on phone
Posted by: smw - 01-18-2016, 10:17 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (11)

I don't actually need to run MobileSheetsPro on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy Note 4), but since the newest version is supported I thought I'd give it a try.

...but when I tried to restore a backup made on my tablet, the restore failed with

The restore has failed to complete due to an error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

Your library may no longer work correctly.

collection editor problem
Posted by: smw - 01-18-2016, 09:26 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (7)

I'm pleased to report that as of MobileSheetsPro version 1.3.3 the sort order issues appear to be solved, both when viewing a collection and inside the collection editor.

...but the problem of the wrong song being deleted in the collection editor is still present (or present again, as the case may be), exactly (word for word!) as described in http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...81#pid3181

There is a workaround:  in the collection editor, change the sort setting from A-Z to Manual; in Manual sort mode, the correct song is deleted.  I didn't think to try this back when the problem originally surfaced in the original MobileSheets, so I don't know whether it would have worked there.

MobileSheetsPro 1.3.3 and MobileSheetsPro Companion 2.2.4 Released
Posted by: Zubersoft - 01-18-2016, 07:14 AM - Forum: News - Replies (7)

I'm very excited to announce the release of MobileSheetsPro v1.3.3 which contains full support for running on cell phones. This release also removes a few other feature requirements on Google Play. My hope is that devices that were being flagged as incompatible can now successfully download the app.  The version running on cell phones is almost identical to the tablet version, so some things may appear quite small in order to fit on the screen.  For users who have already purchased MobileSheetsPro for their tablet, they can download it on their phone for no additional charge as the purchase is tied to their Google Play account, not their device. The full list of changes for the tablet and companion are listed below:

MobileSheetsPro v1.3.3

• All screens have been modified to work on cell phones and smaller tablets. Google Play will now allow installation on those devices
  • Removed a few required device features from Google Play to avoid compatibility errors with tablets
  • Fixed issue with Google Drive so that more than 460 files can be shown at once
  • Fixed render issues that can cause pages to be unnecessarily scaled down when the overlay and/or title bar is visible
  • Fixed issue that can cause render errors when setlists contain more than 6 PDFs and a jump occurs to the beginning or end of the setlist
  • Fixed issue with the alphabet list potentially containing invalid characters on the group editor screen when a custom song title format is used
  • Fixed issue with the vertical scrolling page display when using many small pages that could make it impossible to change pages without first scrolling
  • Fixed issue with writing a single page of annotations to file that can incorrectly move the annotations down the page
  • Fixed issue with the original key dialog and changed the button wording to more clearly reflect its purpose. A reset button has also been added to the transpose dialog
  • Fixed issue with the Dropbox button in the song editor not correctly viewing Dropbox

MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.2.4
  • Fixed bug with creating backups without audio files included
  • Fixed backup extraction dialog to handle backups with invalid data for audio files
  • Fixed handling of image files with invalid color profiles in their metadata
  • Added support for files with unicode characters in their name

Mike

[1.3.2 Unstable MIDI 'load on receive' response
Posted by: Rey_a - 01-18-2016, 03:28 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

Hi Mike,

I currently am on MSPro version 1.3.2.

Since a couple of releases of MSPro, I have the problem that after starting up keyboard and tablet (HP slate) , and opening MSPro, the 'load on receive' will only work 2 or 3 times and after that, no more scores are loaded by MSPro (until I reboot everything).
I have been using this 'load on receive' for a year or so (same tablet, cable and keyboard) without any problems until a couple of updates of MSPro ago. Not sure of course that the problem is caused by MSPro, but nothing else has changed as far as I can recall.

Also, I still have an old MSPro 1.2.3 on an other tablet, and when I connect the keyboard with the same Midi cable to that tablet, the 'load on receive' works every time. Same as it used to do on the HP Slate tablet.

Thanks for having a look at this.

kind regards

Rudy

Uploading from Dropbox
Posted by: Fender58 - 01-17-2016, 09:52 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi MS users.
I have encountered a problem when I want to add a new chart into my songs list I could press the 'NEW' tab and then I could select on the right hand side from files etc I coul upload from Dropbox, choose the chart and select certain pages from the chart. Now when I press the Dropbox button it goes to Select Files and just shows Root and says emprty at the bottom. This has developed over the past month. Any suggestions please.

Transpose Bug?
Posted by: GraemeJ - 01-16-2016, 12:55 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (29)

Open a Chordpro file.  Change key, using the transpose menu and hit OK.  Key changes show OK.  Open transpose menu again and hit 'original key' followed by OK - chart still shows the key it was transposed to in the first operation.  The only way to revert to the original key is to step through the menu and then hit OK.

Now, this may be how it is intended to work, but it seems counter-intuitive to me.  Hitting 'original key' should cause it to revert back.

article sort strangeness
Posted by: smw - 01-14-2016, 01:46 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (14)

I have "Ignore Articles While Sorting" checked in the library display settings, with the following list of articles to ignore:  "A, An, The, le, la, les, Le, La, Les" (yes, some of the songs in my library have French titles).

This has worked as I expect pretty much ever since this feature was introduced, up to but not including tonight.  Tonight, one of my collections looks as follows:

Quote:[... stuff from earlier in the alphabet ...]

S
[titles starting with S, mostly omitted to save space]
Slow Poke
Suite from the Nutcracker

TE
The Teddy Bears' Picnic

CH
The Christmas Song

SO
The Sound of Music

TO
Tony Bennett Unplugged
Train Ride
Two Chorales

W
We Three Kings

What I'd expect to see is

Quote:[... stuff from earlier in the alphabet ...]

S
[titles starting with S, mostly omitted to save space]
Slow Poke
The Sound of Music
Suite from the Nutcracker

T
The Teddy Bears' Picnic
Tony Bennett Unplugged
Train Ride
Two Chorales

W
We Three Kings

...with "The Christmas Song" much earlier in the list, with other songs filed under C.

I can't think of anything I might have changed to trigger this, but there might be something I'm overlooking.

In any case, it would be nice to have the expected behaviour back. :-)

to do list
Posted by: BRX - 01-13-2016, 02:14 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (2)

Mike, I browsed the old forum threads and I noticed you previously had a public to do list.

But you retired it when you published MSP.

I'd be interested in your current list of upcoming features (if you're willing to post it) before churning out suggestions and request you already are planning.

Theme © 2014 iAndrew