Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 17,288
» Latest member: kinh88vip
» Forum threads: 6,787
» Forum posts: 39,246

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Make a Set from Multiple ...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS)
16 minutes ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 6
CSVFile for Swing and Swe...
Forum: CSV Files
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 1,031
Small change in behaviour...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2   » Views: 67
Pages Turn On Their Own
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0   » Views: 4
Can I format the comments...
Forum: MobileSheets (iPadOS)
8 hours ago
» Replies: 9   » Views: 168
Editing of Metadata for a...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
9 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 42
Autosave...
Forum: Anything Goes
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 25
E Ink version: design dec...
9 hours ago
» Replies: 9   » Views: 272
Convert "chords over lyri...
Forum: Tips & Tricks, and Guides
11 hours ago
» Replies: 11   » Views: 2,519
Song number support like ...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Yesterday, 07:50 AM
» Replies: 16   » Views: 5,437

to do list
Posted by: BRX - 01-13-2016, 02:14 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (2)

Mike, I browsed the old forum threads and I noticed you previously had a public to do list.

But you retired it when you published MSP.

I'd be interested in your current list of upcoming features (if you're willing to post it) before churning out suggestions and request you already are planning.

Huge, Gigantic, Mammoth, and even Monumental Problems Importing
Posted by: sliphorn - 01-09-2016, 10:40 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

Well, not really.  I overstated a little.  It's my first post, after all.

My problem is simple, as is hopefully the solution.  I do a lot of arranging for a band.  When I print PDFs and import them into MobileSheets Pro, the sun come out and all is well.  Until I update my charts after a rehearsal or gig (and this happens a lot...I'm very active arranging).  Of course the file names are the same, but the date modified is different...just a new version...

When I import the charts, I always end up with duplicate entries in my songs list.  Perhaps I'm not doing it right.  This happens with the Companion, importing from my tablet via Dropbox, etc.

Here's my ideal process.  Tell me if it's flawed:

1. I print PDFs of my new arrangment of "Dark Eyes"
2. I upload parts to my tablet
3. The sun shines, children laugh, etc.
4. I modify my scores and produce new PDFs with the SAME FILE NAMES as the old ones
5. I import new files into MSP with "Replace All", figuring this will in fact replace the tunes
6. Weep upon opening my app and seeing multiple versions listed of Dark Eyes

I want to fill in the information like composer, key, etc., of Dark Eyes and have confidence in the future that this data will be preserved and that I'll only have one entry for Dark Eyes, the newest PDF.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any help you may lend.

newbie with problems uploading
Posted by: faeriegrove - 01-08-2016, 05:15 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (36)

So I thought things were going along pretty well with getting everything uploaded from Dropbox and putting my files in "collections", then noticed that when I clicked on the import from Dropbox - it displayed only a partial list of what is in Dropbox.   Why is that?  I spent a great deal of time getting my folders in Dropbox all arranged in "collections" so it would be easier when uploading to my collections in MS, but now MS doesn't see what is in those dropbox folders.  In some cases it shows NO files at all!  

So, since it wasn't recognizing my dropbox files, I then tried (from the Companion) to select files from my computer - seemed to work but now when I click to open a file in MS, it is a black screen with very small print that says File/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilsheetspro/files/ "name of file"/ does not exist

I cannot get ONE FILE to open!  What have I done?

When I first installed MS, I chose the "manage files myself" option. (probably shouldn't have, because I have no idea what I'm doing) but I proceeded to merrily upload files and view them, thinking this is just great --  until all my files became un-viewable.   I tried switching to the "let MS manage my files" option, no change.

Other things I've tried:
I don't remember specifying to put my uploaded files on the external SD card, and I didn't want them on it, so I deleted them, thinking that was what the problem was, but then wondered if MS put the files on the SD card, without my knowledge.  Either way,   No change, still the same black screen/file does not exist message

Also, I tried "clearing" all files from MS, and it took a very long time for it to delete the files, but then..... the files were all still there!   Weird.    But still  won't open  Huh

I'm afraid I've really messed it up, so now what?

Should I uninstall and reinstall?  Help!

Apple Magic Trackpad as foot pedal
Posted by: paradox183 - 01-08-2016, 09:52 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (5)

I've been using an Apple Magic Trackpad (original version) as a poor man's Bluetooth foot pedal on my Nexus 10.  However, I've had some difficulty with it and now can't get it to work.

When I first tried to set it up with MSP, clicking either of the trackpad's buttons only caused the interface to show and hide while viewing music - the click was registering in the center of the screen.  This was happening no matter which options were enabled in the settings (Enable USB Mouse Processing, Swap Mouse Click Actions, Treat Mouse Click as Pedal Press).  Sometime later, through no apparent doing of my own, it started working, although clicking only caused it to scroll down, not up.  Since then I've wiped and reset the tablet and now I'm back to square one.

Full disclosure: went from Android 5.1.1 stock to 6.0.1 rooted, but as far as the trackpad goes nothing seems different than it was on 5.1.1.

I searched the forums and couldn't find evidence of anyone else using the Magic Trackpad in this way. Any ideas?

Problems Companion 2.2.3
Posted by: Vibraphon - 01-08-2016, 01:01 AM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (5)

Offline-Mode (No Sync-Connection)

1. [Extract Audio]-button has fixed screen position (regard Bild1).
  2. [Extract Audio] doesn't work. Causes Error "Error creating audio file"
  3. [Extract] and [Extract All] extracts sheets without annotations!

Sync-Mode (Connected to tablet)
  1. Missing [Extract] and [Extract with Annotations]
    Extracting to PDF on the tablet using the share-function takes too much time!
  2. Missing Annotations-information in database
    What sheet has annotation, what kind of annotation?
  3. It seems as if Sort by "Audio Files" doesn't work as expected (regard Bild2)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Restore from backup fails (Comp 2.2.3)
Posted by: Vibraphon - 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM - Forum: MobileSheets Companion - Replies (7)

• Samsung tablet connected to PC.
  • Rework metadata of several songs
  • Add/Remove of some audio files
  • Terminate PC connection
  • Save backup on Samsung tablet
  • Copy backup to POV-tablet
  • Restore from backup on POV-tablet

--> fails "Fehler in der Backupdatei. Versuche Fehler zu überspringen"

• Restore old backup on POV-tablet (that had always been working!)
    --> fails "Fehler in der Backupdatei. Versuche Fehler zu überspringen"
    There is much more free space on the POV, than needed!

• No restore is possible anymore

• Remove MsP from POV (deinstallation)
  • New installation of MsP on POV
  • Restore old backup on POV
    --> everything is fine

• Retry to restore Samsung-backup on POV-tablet
    --> Same problems

Fit to screen bug
Posted by: schnautza - 01-06-2016, 11:34 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (13)

New bug with the latest update. With settings on "fit to screen" and "fit width" (haven't tried any other configurations),every third page, starting with the 2nd page) is slightly narrower than the screen. In the case of a 4 page song that I'm trying to practice at the moment, I've got it set to restart the song after the last page...so page 2 is narrow the first time, 1 and 4 are narrow the second time through, 3 is narrow the third time, and then back to 2 the next time through.
It's mostly annoying me because the annotations ive made don't compress with the rest of the page. Anybody else seeing this behavior? It's on every song in my library.

Question Write Annotations to File problem
Posted by: neutron - 01-06-2016, 08:40 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (3)

Annotations added to the top of the page are embedded halfway down the page when Written to File, please would someone advise what I am doing wrong.  thanks.

Last song in setlist, display not quite right
Posted by: Ben - 01-04-2016, 06:07 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (16)

The last song in a setlist is not aligned at the top, means a small part of the bottom of second last song is visible above the top of the last song. The bottom part of the last song is not visible, and I can't even scroll to see it. Portrait mode. Setting: vertical scrolling.
Thanks.

MobileSheetsPro 1.3.1 and MobileSheetsPro Companion 2.2.3 Released
Posted by: Zubersoft - 01-03-2016, 06:52 PM - Forum: News - Replies (34)

Updates have been released for both MobileSheetsPro and the companion application. These updates include some big changes like support for splitting up PDFs using CSV files and PDF bookmarks. I'm in the process of updating the manual to include more information on all of this.  I will provide instructions at the end of this post for how CSV files must be formatted. The full list of changes can be seen below:

MobileSheetsPro v1.3.1

• Added new import option to create multiple songs from one PDF using bookmarks or .csv files
  • Added new pedal modes for advancing through songs and looping to the start/end
  • Added supporting for viewing and using PDF bookmarks in the bookmarks window
  • Added new setting to automatically import and convert PDF bookmarks to MobileSheets bookmarks
  • Fixed bug with sharing popup menu not putting the most recently used items at the top
  • Added support for batch importing audio files (creates songs with blank pages)
  • Added new setting to move the alphabet list to the left side of the screen for left handed users
  • Added support for automatically associating imported files with audio files whose name matches
  • Fixed bug that caused settings to always be restored from backup files
  • Added support for the "Starred" and "Shared with Me" folders on Google Drive
  • If an initial path is invalid, the file browser will now go to the root directory
  • Added checkbox to song editor audio tab for automatically playing a track when a song is loaded
  • Fix bug that can occur when using the "Import into MobileSheets" option from an external application
  • Tapping the music symbol on the setlists tab now correctly loads a song and beings playing back audio
  • Fixed issue with restoring backups with the "Add Unique Id to Filenames" setting enabled
  • Fixed issue with batch importing chord pro files where the lists of artists grows with each file
  • Fixed issue where half page turns don't work if the page is too small
  • Fixed issue with the Metronome "Apply to All Songs in Setlist" button not working correctly
  • Fixed issue with transposing minor chords that can cause a crash
  • Fixed a number of render issues with chord pro files
  • Modified cancellation message on song editor screen to have explicit save/discard buttons
  • Fixed issue with tapping PDF links that launch other applications
  • Added ability to manually sort the songs on all song group tabs (albums/artists/genres/etc)
  • Fixed issue with reading proper text file encoding before extracting title and other fields
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.2.3
  • Added the option to sort all group tabs manually
  • Fixed bug with library restore always restoring settings regardless of selection
  • Added auto-start audio checkbox to audio tab
  • Updates for compatibility with latest tablet release
CSV Format

In order to use CSV files, it's expected that either a PDF with the exact same name as the CSV is present in the same directory or the first line of the CSV has a path to a valid PDF file. Then the fields to populate must come next. Two columns are required: title and pages. Other supported column names includes:
  • artists
  • albums
  • genres
  • composers
  • source types
  • custom groups
  • keys
  • signatures
  • custom
  • custom2
  • tempos
  • difficulty
  • duration
  • rating
  • years
  • sort title
  • audio files
  • keywords
  • setlists
  • collections
If a column is listed (other than title and pages) that you don't to populate for a song, you can leave it blank. All columns must be comma-delimited. Each value must be delimited using the | character. So, the following example could be used:

title,pages,composers,tempos
SongA,1-3,ComposerA|ComposerB,120
SongB,4-5,,

Neither composer or tempo is listed for the second song. When the CSV is imported, both songs will be listed and can be created at once if desired.

Mike

Theme © 2014 iAndrew