• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding flat symbol quickly
For my example sharps_flats_pro.pdf I configured the reference implementation to use the free font MuseJazzText.otf.
It comes with MuseScore, but in MuseScore it is somehow internal. To use it in other programs you can download it here
https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/t...s/musejazz
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(12-03-2023, 08:16 AM)itsme Wrote: For my example sharps_flats_pro.pdf I configured the reference implementation to use the free font MuseJazzText.otf.
It comes with MuseScore, but in MuseScore it is somehow internal. To use it in other programs you can download it here
https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/t...s/musejazz

Thank you!
(12-02-2023, 10:03 AM)itsme Wrote: @ jeffn1: in your first post you mentioned "Hacker's Keyboard", I also use this on my Android devices.
I managed to add the sharp and flat symbol to the "Suggested Punctuation" bar of Hacker's Keyboard: I copied sharps_flats.pro to my tablet, renamed it to sharps_flats.txt and opened it in a texteditor. When I start editing, Hacker's Keyboard shows up. I copied the flat symbol to the clipboard, opened Hacker's Keyboard - Settings - Suggested Punctuation and pasted the flat symbol to the list. Same with the sharp - voila, you can insert the symbols from here.

What I did not understand by now: this "Suggested Punctuation" bar is not always shown. It pops up in certain situations while editing a text file. Do you know which action triggers the "Suggested Punctuation" to show up?

Just in case (it was missing in sharps_flats.pro)
natural: Unicode Character 'MUSIC NATURAL SIGN' (U+266E) 0x266e
I noticed that the natural sign is missing in several fonts that contain both flat and sharp - pretty strange

Hello, itsme,

Does this help? https://groups.google.com/g/hackerskeybo...REbIyA-3nc

Jeff
Just to point out, on android, you can use the personal dictionary..

I have, for example, ♭ with a shortcut of "-flat"

Then if I type -flat the ♭ comes up as a suggested correction.
(12-06-2023, 03:24 AM)lesacks Wrote: Just to point out, on android, you can use the personal dictionary..

Thanks, I need to spend a bit of time working on this.
(12-06-2023, 06:38 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 03:24 AM)lesacks Wrote: Just to point out, on android, you can use the personal dictionary..

Well, I think I was able to do this.  Not sure if this is the best or most elegant way of doing this, but....

Basically I copied the flat and natural symbols online (or maybe from Word?).  I was able to paste them into "suggested punctuation" in Hackers Keyboard.

Now, if I want to use them while I am in a  Mobilsheets song, I click on the "Settings" icon in Hacker's Keyboard.  I scroll down to "Suggested Punctuation" and I am able to copy and paste them in the song I am working on.

It's a bit unwieldy, but not too bad.  Basically I would copy and paste the flat and natural symbol once into the song.  Then I would copy and paste them whenever I need them. The spacing seems fine (I have only tried it once).  But I think I will use that flat symbol a lot so I can now use lower case letters for notes (and have the option of a flat and natural symbol) while using upper case for chords.  All seems good.
This is from macOS, but copy/paste might just work for anything:

MUSIC FLAT SIGN
Unicode: U+266D, UTF-8: E2 99 AD

MUSIC NATURAL SIGN
Unicode: U+266E, UTF-8: E2 99 AE

MUSIC SHARP SIGN
Unicode: U+266F, UTF-8: E2 99 AF
(12-14-2023, 11:38 PM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 06:38 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:

Well, I think I was able to do this.  Not sure if this is the best or most elegant way of doing this, but....

Basically I copied the flat and natural symbols online (or maybe from Word?).  I was able to paste them into "suggested punctuation" in Hackers Keyboard.

Now, if I want to use them while I am in a  Mobilsheets song, I click on the "Settings" icon in Hacker's Keyboard.  I scroll down to "Suggested Punctuation" and I am able to copy and paste them in the song I am working on.

It's a bit unwieldy, but not too bad.  Basically I would copy and paste the flat and natural symbol once into the song.  Then I would copy and paste them whenever I need them. The spacing seems fine (I have only tried it once).  But I think I will use that flat symbol a lot so I can now use lower case letters for notes (and have the option of a flat and natural symbol) while using upper case for chords.  All seems good.

Ugh! I thought I added the flat and natural symbols in suggested punctuation within Hacker's Keyboard, but when I looked for them later, there were not there.  I will try again another time.