• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
I would prefer a separate post for feature requests. As far as your question, you can try going to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tapping the keys field for pedal 1, tap clear, then press the button on the tablet. If it shows up on the dialog as a key, then you can assign actions to that button such as scrolling the page a fixed amount, and you can make that scroll instantaneous to avoid issues with the refresh rate of the screen. If the tablet button does not result in a key press notification, then you won't be able to use it to control anything in MobileSheets. I would instead recommend using a bluetooth pedal to trigger actions.

Mike
I think, you misunderstood. The keys are working in the sheets view. But it would be cool, to give them an action for the library view.
Oh sorry, missed that you said on the library screen. I can look into it, but it depends on what kind of key command is generated by those buttons. What type of e-ink device are you using?

Mike
Hi Mike,
No Problem. I am using a Tolino Vision5 and the Buttons have the functions „DPAD_UP“ and „DPAD_DOWN“

Regards,
Stephan
Please, can you tell me what is the latest app version of the E-Ink customization or where I can find this info ?

Thanks
(07-14-2022, 10:53 PM)vaddavvero@gmail.com Wrote: Please, can you tell me what is the latest app version of the E-Ink customization or where I can find this info ?

Thanks

The newest E-Ink Version is 3.5.9
You can find this information in "Settings" "Info"
(07-13-2022, 03:09 PM)kabakakao Wrote: Hi Mike,
No Problem. I am using a Tolino Vision5 and the Buttons have the functions „DPAD_UP“ and „DPAD_DOWN“

Regards,
Stephan

How did you make the Vision 5 run MSP?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(07-20-2022, 06:59 AM)itsme Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 03:09 PM)kabakakao Wrote: Hi Mike,

Regards,
Stephan

How did you make the Vision 5 run MSP?

There is an easy step-by-step guide here:
https://forum.alles-ebook.de/thread/7463...#post90640

If you have problems with the installation, PN me. I did that installation several times in the last weeks.

Regards,
Stephan
We got a bunch of Boox 6" in our group. They're only used during events for parts, so sometimes they just sit around for many weeks (during practice we use sheets with all voices). It's a bit of a pity that the license check then prevents startup of the app without taking the device online. As each device is licensed with a (fairly long) activation code anyway, the additional online check is quite an annoyance. Often you only realize shortly before the gig. Sure, one can start a mobile hotspot on the phone, and let it to the check, but it's an additional task right before being on stage.
The license check only happens after initially purchasing the app, and then again if you download any updates. Otherwise no license checks should be occurring. If you are seeing it outside of those situations, then that's definitely concerning and something I will have to investigate.

Mike
Hello, I'm new to MobileSheets and to this forum.
After a few weeks with the Android version on a Samsung tablet, I've now switched to the e-ink version on a Boox Tab X. I find the application very useful and a full-fledged replacement for paper sheet music.
However, there is already one thing I don't understand. If I stay on a page of a score for a while to practice, the screensaver turns on, which is very annoying.
In the MobileSheets 3.6.8 settings, I set the "Bildschirm nicht Ausschalten" to "Während der Anzeige von Songs". What else did I miss?
Thanks for help and greetings
Unfortunately, that issue is caused by the BOOX firmware. They no longer allow applications to override the system screen timeout. I have brought up this issue with Onyx and they are going to address it in a future firmware update. For now, you will have to adjust the screen timeout in the main OS settings to be a much longer period of time.

Mike
Thanks for the explanation.
Unfortunately, the idle settings in the OS on the Tab X are very limited. In my opinion, there is no idle time for the screensaver, only hibernation, and you can only set it to 3, 5 or 10 minutes.
An additional downside to this is that you can't wake it up by tapping the display. You have to press a small recessed button on the top edge, which is practically impossible when the tab is on the music stand. I would also be interested in how other Tab X users deal with this problem.
Wouldn't it be possible for the application to simulate a certain activity in order to prevent the hibernation?
I ran an automated test today, and with the app loading and turning pages, the screen did not turn off. So your idea has merit. I'm experimenting right now with forcing a screen refresh every 3 minutes (the minimum screen timeout someone could select in the OS). If this works, then I at least have a workaround until Onyx fixes their end.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:

A simple screen refresh did not seem to work, so I will need to dig deeper to figure out what it is about either loading songs or turning pages that kept the tablet from sleeping.
Just some ideas:-

Is it possible to emulate a keystroke? - this used to be a common trick on old versions of windows.

Moving the cursor might be another way.

Assuming that the turning pages isn't performing a disk access,  would copying a bitmap from the current screen and rewriting it work? i.e. not just sending a refresh command.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6