• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
re-center when zoom
Hi,

I'm a noob and feel there must be a way to do what I'm trying to do.  Basically when I 2-finger pinch, it always zooms from the center.  Many of my music--really just lyrics with chords--files have quite a bit of white space to the right, so what happens is I end up with the text being cut off on the left.  Imagine you have an 8.5 x 11 sheet, with two equal sized columns; the first column with text, the second blank.  I want to enlarge the left column, but if I zoom, I just see the right part of the left column, and, the left part of the right, blank  column.  How can I move it over so I can see just the left column?

It's hard to explain, like with most UI things...

Here's another try.  In most phone or tablet photo viewing applications, you can zoom in, and, move the image around--up, down, left, right.  Let's say it's a landscape, and, there's a bird in the far upper left corner, just b arely in the frame, too small to identify.  But you want to identify it.  So, you zoom in.  But now that you're zoomed in far enough, the bird is way off the screen.  So, you simply slide your fingers right, and the image moves, zoomed in.  You can zoom more, slide it more, until it's where you can see the bird nicely. Congratulations, it's a pileated woodpecker ;-)

So in mobilesheets, I can zoom in, but I can't figure out how to slide it right.  Can this be done?  Or, alternatively, have it left-justify? 

Thanks in advance!
That can only be done in MobileSheetsPro which allows you to pinch zoom on any part of the page and you can switch panning on if you need to reposition. There are also zoom settings so you can enable/disable high quality zooming and the saving of zooming/panning values. If you disable the saving of those values, you can zoom in and then pan with a single finger. 

Ideally, you would just use the cropping feature in MobileSheetsPro to remove the margins as it eliminates the need to render the full image of the page and it's easier to make fine adjustments to.

If you need to stick with the original MobileSheets, there really isn't anything you can do besides reformatting your file. If you have questions about switching to MobileSheetsPro, let me know.

Mike
(11-23-2019, 06:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That can only be done in MobileSheetsPro which allows you to pinch zoom on any part of the page and you can switch panning on if you need to reposition. There are also zoom settings so you can enable/disable high quality zooming and the saving of zooming/panning values. If you disable the saving of those values, you can zoom in and then pan with a single finger. 

Ideally, you would just use the cropping feature in MobileSheetsPro to remove the margins as it eliminates the need to render the full image of the page and it's easier to make fine adjustments to.

If you need to stick with the original MobileSheets, there really isn't anything you can do besides reformatting your file. If you have questions about switching to MobileSheetsPro, let me know.

Mike
Would you mind pointing the exact taps etc to reach such setting ? I can only find "allow zoom past 100% "
The question that was posted has been an aggravating factor for me (almost to the point of exasperation)... when I zoom, I expect to be able to just drag the zoomed image around, no matter where I initially pinched to zoom. 
Moving it around, I can't ... two fingers dragging around ? One finger press and hold to move ? 
Does it help (or not helpful) that I am on a ASUS TF701 ? (Yeah, damn ASUS that won't update the OS anymore).
To crop the picture:-

1. Tap in centre of screen
  2. On the bottom menu bar tap the "mountains" icon (2nd from left)
  3. Select Crop
  4. Use AutoCrop or drag the borders to remove unwanted white space
  5. Save
The page will then be "zoomed" to display the selected area. Assuming there is only white space outside of the selected rectangle, there is little need to pinch zoom the page (well I never need to)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
If you go to Settings->About and are running version 2.7.7, then load your song, tap the center to bring up the song overlay, tap the icon at the bottom left that looks like a gallery icon and then Zoom/Pan Settings. On this dialog, you can check "Reset pan and zoom on load". If you want really fast zooming in and out, uncheck "Enable high-quality zooming". There is one thing to be aware of in this mode - while you can zoom in and then pan with a single finger, you must zoom completely out before turning pages (otherwise there is no way for me to detect when a tap or swipe should pan versus turn the page).

As a side note, in the default mode, you have to tap the panning icon at the bottom left corner of the song overlay if you want to pan around the page. It's important to realize that MobileSheetsPro is not designed around zooming in and out and panning around freely because these are not things you would ever want to do in the middle of a live performance. So MobileSheetsPro expects you to set up the zooming and panning position before hand (hence why panning is a toggle), so that when you load the song, the zooming and panning is set again using the saved values. This is why I always recommend users utilize the cropping feature instead of panning/zooming, as it's easier to use and provides better performance. If your workflow requires that you zoom in/out a lot and pan around (meaning you obviously aren't doing this during a live performance), switch the zoom settings as described above.

Mike
Got it thanks ! Yes, version 2.7.7

Found the settings and with the design premises in mind, I am playing with things around. The problems I have/had came during rehearsals and got me frustrated... hopefully things will lessen now.

Thanks again. Your support is outstanding !!!

-Alex