• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 3)
I get repeated dialogs about duplicate versions. Even if I pick one, it occurs every sync. If I quit sync, MS is left in limbo. Dialog should be modal [I think — cannot exit except by picking version, explicit cancel, etc.]
In audio player layout 1 (the smallest layout)...the playing time scrollbar is non-responsive
Not sure if that's really a bug, but reporting anyway in case it is useful to you, Mike.

Since I still can't or don't want to import my full gigantic library with a backup and the sync doesn't work for me I imported 2 of my collections as msf files.
I noticed during practice that not all or rather at least one song wasn't imported correctly. It was a song with 2 different arrangements (different PDFs)
but with identical titles, one in each collections. The song from the latter imported collection doesn't show up in MSP or the iPad (maybe because of
the identical titles?).

Also I tested bluetooth paging with the iPad. I'm using one of those cheap photo clickers with two buttons. On Win11/Surface Book both buttons work
(assigned to next/previous page). It seems that the first button emulates a return and the second some Volume signal. (But the paging with the first
button on the iPad for full page or half page mode seem to be working better and smoother on the iPad than on the Surface).

On the Surface the second action is recognized and can be assigned to an action (though additionally the volume window still shows up). On the iPad the 
second button isn't recognized at all and can't be assigned at all (though the iPad shows a volume message as well). Probably that's all hardware related.
But just so you know.
Hello,

There's an issue with the annotations screen. Annotations move all the way to the right of the page or disappear completely. See screen recording video on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ohnjpe17t9wxd...e.mov?dl=0
I'm also unable to import my library backup into the ios beta.

I tested importing the backup file into my (android) A52. That worked as expected. Same with the sync linrary function (that one hangs on my ipad 6th gen after the database is synced).

My library is ~4GB in size and contains 5k+ songs/files.
I'm definitely going to make sure that the library backup/restore issues are addressed with the next build, as I know that's stopping some users from testing effectively. I'll also see if I can fix the library sync issues. 

earhere - can you send a .msf file for that song (Long press, Share->Export as .msf) to mike@zubersoft.com so that I can reproduce the issue easier?

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike,

Just mailed you the .msf file. 

I’ve noticed an issue with audio file playback….when another app is playing audio (eg Apple Music) and you switch to MS to play a file, it will play the audio, BUT the other audio (Apple Music) will not stop and you are hearing both tracks simultaneously… ?
(11-18-2022, 06:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm definitely going to make sure that the library backup/restore issues are addressed with the next build, as I know that's stopping some users from testing effectively. I'll also see if I can fix the library sync issues. 

earhere - can you send a .msf file for that song (Long press, Share->Export as .msf) to mike@zubersoft.com so that I can reproduce the issue easier?

Thanks,
Mike

I finally deleted the ‘duplicate’ file I was seeing every time, reimported, and was able to sync with no errors.
(11-15-2022, 05:29 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Rags/Bill - I'll run some tests once I'm back home to see if I can restore backups off Dropbox. If I can, I may need to get a copy of a backup that doesn't work so I can test with it to reproduce the error. If you download the backup file off Dropbox to the device and restore is using the "Local File" option, does that work?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Today I was able to restore my entire MobileSheets Database 3.12 GB using the file on my Ipad.

It was amazingly fast. 748 Songs.

Bill
On another topic ....  I tried to edit a song to add an audio file ( .mp3 ) from dropbox. It appeared to transfer the file but I could not find in the MobileSheets directory on the ipad.

When I tried to play the song it would not play. It also got caught up in a loop when trying to add an additional song and would not let me exit with OK on the edit song. I had to

Close without exiting. Came back in and everything was gone. Restored from local file again. ( Noticed when using local file it shows the files being unpacked and this is not the case when using the Dropbox file )

It appears that the restore is not loading the audio files from the backup database.

Bill
QQ : When testing on MacOS, is there a way to enable the pedal settings from an attached BT keyboard? I can assign functions from within Settings, but when viewing a score, pressing the keyboard keys don't work.

I normally use a BT keyboard as a "poor man's foot pedal" and it works great on Chrome/Android. But I'm not sure if this isn't working on iOS because I'm "proxying" through a Mac...
My bad, I was posting on the build 2 thread and didn't see there's a new thread for build 3.  Here are some things I noticed:

1) Blank page in landscape mode:  In landscape mode, when viewing two pages side-by-side, if you are in Annotation mode and move forward 1+ pages, and then go back 1+ pages, the left page is not displayed and just goes black.  (This differs from the Windows app behavior.)

2) "Load All" button not working:  When viewing library in the "Custom Group", "Collections", "Genres", or "Composers" tabs, the "Load All" button does not do anything.  In "Setlists" tab, the "Load All" button does work however.  (This differs from the Windows app behavior.)

3) Minor: When viewing library, if filtering is deselected, the space where the filter parameters were just replaced with a black space, instead of being filled in with the library list below.  fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

4) App crashes when switching between portrait and landscape modes.  fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

5) User-defined stamps not importing:  After transferring library from Windows app to iPad, the user-defined Stamps generated from a jpg/png/bmp on the Windows app are not present when viewing the same score on the iPad.  (maybe this is expected)

6) After clicking on "Manual", the manual opens in a web browser, but when you return to MobileSheets, the screen is black and cannot exit out of the black screen, requiring a restart of the app. fixed in 1.0.0 (3)

7) Crash when adding a piece to a setlist either by:
    viewing a score, click on the Setlist icon on the bottom of the page, then click on "+"
    or
    selecting and holding a piece in the library and clicking on "Add to Setlist" from top menu
    or
    viewing a setlist and clicking on "Add to Setlist" from top menu

8) Crash in Annotation mode:  App crashes sometimes when entering Annotation mode, or when clicking on the Layers icon in annotation mode.  Seems to occur on pages with lots of annotations.

9) Filter not updating:  When searching your library, clicking on the "x" to the right of the filter clears out the text in the filter field but does not update the results to show all items.

10) Zoom blackout:  Zooming gets progressively choppier the further you zoom in.  Zooming too far into the music causes the screen to go black.  (Panning is nice and smooth though [Image: smile.gif])

11) Piece Title Formatting not setting correctly:  In Settings > Library Settings > Piece Title Formatting, Caption Format cannot be changed.  It is stuck on the default of %ARTISTS% - %ALBUMS%.  Any changes made to Caption Format show up as changes Title Format instead.

12) Left-swipe delete not working on setlists:  Left-swiping on a Setlist title and then selecting "delete" does not delete the setlist.  Click-and-hold to select the setlist and then clicking on "delete" from the top of the screen does delete it though.

13) "Library Text Size" has no effect:  In Settings > Library Settings > Library Text Size, changing text size has no effect.

14) Black on black text:  With "Use Dark Theme" on, sometimes Collections, Composers, and Custom Group shows piece titles in black text on black background (text is only visible on alternating grey lines).  Occurs in both empty and non-empty groups.  I can reproduce this by starting with default settings, enabling "Use Dark Theme", and enabling "Skip Viewing Groups with One Piece".

15) "Tab Selection and Order" list modification issues:  In Settings > Library Settings > Tab Selection and Order, if you left-swipe and delete an item in the "Available Tabs" column, it deletes an item in the "Displayed Tabs" column instead.  If the index of the deleted "Available Tabs" item is higher than the length of "Displayed Tabs", then the app crashes.

16) Loss of annotation tools:  In annotation mode, click and hold one of the annotation tools on the top menu, which turns the icon orange and displays the tool label balloon.  Click elsewhere on the page to make the label balloon go away.  The icon stays highlighted orange and cannot be selected for use.

17) Bookmarks "Show All Pieces" checkbox:  When viewing a score, click on the Bookmark icon at bottom of screen, and "+" to add a new bookmark.  Clicking on "Show All Pieces" checkbox sometimes does nothing.  (On the Windows app, selecting the "Show All Pieces" groups bookmarks by piece/song.

18) Landscape/portrait Display Mode not always respected:  Set landscape Default Settings Display Mode to "Two Pages" and set portrait Default Settings Display Mode to "Single Page".  Completely close app (on iPad home screen, swipe up from bottom to show all apps running in the background, and close MobileSheets).  Open app with iPad in landscape orientation and select a multi-page piece of music to view.  Rotate iPad to portrait orientation mode, but two pages will continue to be displayed, instead of switching to single-page.  (If the grey top/bottom banners are being displayed, then rotating the iPad will result in the correct single/multi pages being displayed.)

19) Left-swipe of a piece/song in setlist removes the piece/song from library rather than removing it from the setlist.  (Perhaps this behavior is intentional.)

20) Hide filter setting resets after re-opening app:  Hide the filter banner, close app, re-open app, filter is displayed again.  (Maybe not a bug, but behaviour differs from Windows app.  In Windows app, if you hide the filter and close/re-open the app, the filter stays hidden.)

21) Annotation banner goes blank when rotating from landscape to portrait orientation.

22) Annotation Stamps window cuts off contents if the Stamps window is open when rotating between portrait and landscape modes, especially when going from landscape to portrait mode.

iPad model: iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)  MHNH3LL/A
ios version: 15.6.1