• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 3)
This is the list of known issues with build 3:

1) With some PDFs, users were encountering weird discoloration issues. This was happening with the default PDF library (Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference->Quality). Until this issue is addressed, MobileSheets will always use the "Speed" render preference (which is a separate PDF library) regardless of what is selected in the settings. This has not been an easy issue to fix, so this was done to prevent issues while I look into it.
2) The MIDI listen dialog does not create a batch MIDI command when the + icon is tapped
3) When synchronizing to OneDrive, a login request is brought up, and then a second login request is brought up when the sync is started. I seem to be unable to accurately reproduce this issue, but will continue to investigate it.
4) One user reported a sync to a OneDrive folder got stuck at 12%
5) One user reported the "Next up song bar" was not displayed correctly when set to "On the last page before next song".
6) Backup restores from Google Drive and Dropbox failed for some users. Need to determine the cause as it has worked so far for me. 
7) Zooming in on PDFs was reported as being "jerky"
8) (Need info on how to reproduce) Crashes encountered while importing files
9) .svg files do not render the same as on Android and Windows
10) (FIXED)Connection toolbar that shows up when the app is first loaded and trying to reconnect to other devices is not currently implemented
11) (FIXED) Display mode doesn't change correctly when switching orientations
12) (FIXED) Text filter not cleared by tapping X
13) (FIXED) Dialog used for selecting multiple values not handling orientation change correctly and being sized too large
14) (FIXED) Local file selection is not properly saving/restoring last selected folder
15) (FIXED) Messages still shown for connecting to MIDI network session
16) (FIXED) MIDI System exclusive messages cause the application to crash
17) (FIXED) Action bar displayed incorrectly in the group editor
18) (FIXED) Input fields not scrolling bottom line into view correctly when entering many values
19) (FIXED) MobileSheets crashes on iOS 14 devices

These are posts from users that need to be investigated:

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39874
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39875
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39876
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39877
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39878
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid39879

Thanks everyone for helping test the beta and providing bug reports.

Mike
I noticed the following:

New Song -> Files -> Camera

The picture can be taken fine, but when I click Use Photo, the picture just won't add.
As soon as I select a song and choose the Lock Orientation option, I encounter the following problem:
When I turn the tablet (it doesn't matter from which starting position), a loading circle appears and the notes are no longer visible.
If I disable the setting again, I still cannot rotate the tablet (same phenomenon). I have to restart the app to get it working again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm having trouble maintaining the Collections, Albums, and Setlists fields in New Song or Import Song.
According to a pattern I don't recognize, I sometimes can't select any entries at all or not all of a few selected entries are added.

In addition, I have the problem when maintaining the setlists that the list is in landscape format so long that the OK button disappears from the edge of the screen (see attachment).

(11-12-2022, 11:02 PM)tru Wrote: I'm having trouble maintaining the Collections, Albums, and Setlists fields in New Song or Import Song.
According to a pattern I don't recognize, I sometimes can't select any entries at all or not all of a few selected entries are added.

In addition, I have the problem when maintaining the setlists that the list is in landscape format so long that the OK button disappears from the edge of the screen (see attachment).

The following point from your bug list is probably related to this:
"(Need info on how to reproduce) Crashes encountered while importing files"

If I simply import a file without further configuration, it works without any problems.
As soon as I add any setlists, the app hangs up and I have to restart it.

The problem only seems to occur when assigning setlists, it works fine for albums.
Hi Mike,

Connecting to the companion app now works, but restoring a library from MSB still doesn't. Tried through Companion, hangs at 3%, no network traffic is registered afterwards. 
Tried from app and the same MSB on GDrive, download is 100%, then it says restoring, and hangs there. Waited 20 mins altogether, stuck there. Device got quite hot so definately doing something. 
Both cases cancelling out renders the app useless as a Loading library message is displayed but never loaded, and cannot do anything, just deleting the app and reinstalling helps.
Sent bug report with screenshot.
Hi again,

The CSV import is now woking again, the issues are:
  • Loading 1 CSV loads the associated PDF fine, but selecting multiple CSVs loads all selected CSVs but only the first PDF is downloaded, associated with the first selected CSV, and no songs are displayed for the rest of the CSVs. Might be intended to be able to import 1 CSV at a time, but the interface lets you select multiple ones.
  • Upon selecting 1 CSV, song list is populated. Pushing Select All does not make the OK button enabled, you need to touch the song list and make a selection there to make the OK button enabled
  • After a successful load of the songs from the CSV at first glance it seems the metadata is missing for the majority. Only the first loaded song gets the metadata (Album, source for sure), the rest don't show up in either views. I put the tablet aside for a few minutes, and now all those are populated, might be some DB caching issue?

Have a good vacation!
"Link Punkte" werden an der falschen Stelle angezeigt! zu weit rechts und auch zu weit unten.
manche sieht man dadurch gar nicht mehr, da sie dann aus dem Bild gehen!!! (zu weit rechts)

Schaltflächen hinter denen ich im Song MIDI Befehle hinterlegt habe werden nicht angezeigt.
Die MIDI Befehle sind aber noch da.
Thanks for all the bug reports - I'll go through each one and respond if I have any additional questions.

Rolle0203 - Those are both probably the same type of issue, so I'll look into issues with the rendering code. Just to verify - are those link points and smart buttons you created on an Android device? If you create a new link point and smart button on your iPad, are they displayed correctly?

Thanks,
Mike
Is the library sync from server to client supposed to be working already? I've never used it before, but since my usual sync methods don't work  with the iPad due to the iOS restrictions I tried a Wifi sync from my Surface Book as server to my iPad Pro 2021 as client over my home network. The mobilsheets.db seems to be sent and received ok but I don't see any further progress (stuck at 0 % for the last half hour).
(11-13-2022, 06:55 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Danke für all die Fehlerberichte - ich werde jeden einzelnen durchgehen und antworten, wenn ich weitere Fragen habe.

Rolle0203 - Das sind wahrscheinlich beide die gleiche Art von Problem, also werde ich mich mit Problemen mit dem Rendering-Code befassen. Nur um zu überprüfen - sind diese Verbindungspunkte und Smart Buttons, die Sie auf einem Android-Gerät erstellt haben? Wenn Sie einen neuen Linkpunkt und eine neue Smart-Taste auf Ihrem iPad erstellen, werden diese korrekt angezeigt?

Danke,Mike

Hallo Mike, 
Richtig, die bisherigen wurden mit Android erstellt.
wenn ich Schaltflächen oder neue Linkpunkte in der IOS App erstelle dann bleibt das korrekt in der Anzeige.
Die Funktionen dahinter sind ebenfalls richtig. Also wie erwartet.
Gruß Roland
Yes, in theory the library sync should be working as I've completed syncs between my Android tablet and my iPad. I did not test between Windows and iOS but in theory it should work the same. I'll have to run additional tests if you are seeing problems though, as I did not test out everything in the library sync as I didn't have a library complex enough for that. 

Mike
Well, my database is complex and big with over 60k entries, so I was expecting a long sync. When do you reckon the progress indicator should have gone from 0 to 1 % with such a database?
Hallo Mike,
Bei den "MIDI Einstellungen" werden die untersten Zeilen nicht in der richtigen Landessprache angezeigt.