• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Known issues with MobileSheets iOS beta version 1.0.0 (Build 9)
Build 9 has been released and I'm looking to make it the final build before the app is submitted to Apple for review. Testers are still encouraged to report any bugs that are found so that they can either be fixed before the app is submitted or for the first update after it is released. I made some important optimizations with processing image files in build 9 so users will find that rotating is considerably faster now, as well as cropping.

Fixes in build 9: <will post list soon>

Known bugs with build 9:

<None at the moment>

Thanks everyone for all of the help with the testing! It's exciting to see the app functioning well on iOS. I just hope the approval process goes smoothly with Apple.

Mike
Hallo Mike,
auch von mir ein großes Lob für die echt gut funktionierende App.
Alle Fehler, die ich gemeldet hatte sind inzwischen behoben.
Vielen Dank dafür!

Ich freue mich schon jetzt auf die offizielle Version.
Gruß Roland
Mike,

Thanks for improving the text display settings button on the song editor preview screen. Looks good.

Congratulations on squashing all known bugs in just 9 beta iterations. As an engineering design manager (my day job), I'm very impressed by how development of this new software product has gone. Looking forward to product release on the App Store!

Serafin
Thanks Serafin! I really appreciate it. It helped that a lot of the backend code was converted from Android, reducing the number of potential bugs. It was still a considerable amount of work though!

Mike
Mike, YES, YES, YES.  I ran a backup from my IPAD PRO to Dropbox. Restored to my IPAD with no problems.

Backed up my Windows MobileSheetsPro database and the used the Dropbox file from IPAD PRO Backup and restored to my Windows MobileSheetsPro !!

All looks Great !!All functions that I use are working perfectly.

Good luck with the Apple Review !!

Thank you !

Bill
I'm glad to hear that Bill! The app has been submitted, so I'm just waiting now to hear from Apple, and fixing a few minor things here and there as they come up.

Mike
Die Vorfreude steigt! Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu deiner tollen Arbeit!

Mir ist nur noch eine Sache aufgefallen.
Ich habe ein altes Backup importiert und wollte dann meine aktuellen Stücke damit abgleichen. Ich habe die Option doppelte Stücke ignorieren gewählt was leider nur bedingt funktioniert hat. Einige ziemlich alte Stücke ( ich denke so von 2015) haben noch von früher die automatisch eingefügten Informationen zu Interpreten usw. hinterlegt. Dadurch wurden die gleich benannten Titel ohne diese Informationen nicht als doppelt erkannt ( was auch absichtlich so sein könnte ).
Allerdings wurden auch ab und an Titel mit genau dem gleichen Titel nicht als doppelt erkannt.

MobileSheets will only consider something a duplicate if the file that is being imported exactly matches the file in the library. Even the smallest modification to the file will result it in no longer being a duplicate. The metadata in the library doesn't impact this, although the song title is used as the name of the folder for the files, so that can also matter when MobileSheets is looking for an existing file.

Mike
Thanks, good to know this

Beate
Hi Mike,

Amazing progress, wow!
I've sent a bugreport after doing a full sync from my tab s3.
Android reports an error, but also a "successful" sync. The ipad crashes over some audio files. Restarting msp on the ipad results in an empty library and an unresponsive app. I'll try a reinstall and a sync with audiofiles to see if that helps. 
Thanks!
I'll see if I can reproduce that. Do I need to sync with missing audio files, or is it just that particular audio files seemed to cause an issue? You said you sent a bug report - did you send it through TestFlight or through email? I didn't see a new crash report through TestFlight.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike thanks again for all your work.  I'm excited to see this getting closer to being released.

Here are a few more things:

- On build 9, I still see strange behavior of the audio player.  If the setlist icon (three notes) next to the track list is selected and I open the audio player settings and click on the "use advanced audio player" checkbox, the checkbox state for this setting does not change.  If the current song icon (single note) next to the track list is selected, then the "use advanced audio player" checkbox state does change when tapped.

- With "use advanced audio player" deselected, if the first track is playing and I tap on the next track, the next track will be highlighted and the track name is displayed at the top of the audio player, but the first track will continue to play. Sometimes tapping multiple times quickly on the next track name will get the track to play. 

Sometimes multiple audio tracks can play simultaneously and will continue to play after going back to the library screen, even if the "stop audio on back" setting is on. I think I can reliably reproduce this:  Starting with a fresh remove and reinstall of the app, use default settings, then import a song and add two audio files to the song.  Open the song.  Open the audio player and show the audio tracks list.  Open audio player settings and deselect "use advanced audio player".  Play the first track.  Tap the setlist icon (three notes).  Tap the second track.  Both tracks will be playing simultaneously.  Go back to the library screen and the first track will continue to play.
Thanks, I'll get those issues fixed.

Mike
I know this is an OS thread but on android, I have occasionally seen (or rather heard) the audio track continue to play after returning to the library screen i.e. the issue may not be solely IOS. I don't normally use audio so don't have anything else to help in terms of settings.

Keep up the good work Mike.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I saw this too on my Samsung Not e Pro 12.2. On the newer Galaxy FE it never happend.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7