• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Auto Load & Display Whole Setlist" suggestion
Hi Mike,
I play in a contra dance band and practically all of our sets are two or three short jigs and/or reels. My list of sets has over 70 entries. It would be great if there could be something like an "Auto Load & Display Whole Setlist" or "Skip Load All Screen" setting (or whatever you want to call it) which, after selecting a set from the list of sets, would skip the "Load All" screen and immediately load and display the entire set from the top (which usually fits on a single page). 
Currently, I ALWAYS have to touch "Load All" to display the tunes. I NEVER select a single tune from that list.
Likewise, after playing a set, when I touch the Back arrow in the top left corner, it would great to again skip the "Load All" screen and go straight back to the list of sets.
Thanks for your consideration.
Walter
MS for Windows v3.5.9
I can certainly consider adding support for that. The only downside of supporting this is it then makes it impossible to view the list of songs under the setlist if you wanted to perform actions on them on the library screen. 

Mike
Since our sets are so short, I actually create the set name from the names of the two or three tunes in the set, so the set name tells me exactly which tunes are in the set. I can annotate the tunes while they are displayed, so I can't imagine what I would ever need that "Load All" screen for. But in the rare instance that I might need it, I could always turn off that new setting so that screen would be displayed again, right?
Thank you!

Walter
(10-03-2022, 05:30 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can certainly consider adding support for that. The only downside of supporting this is it then makes it impossible to view the list of songs under the setlist if you wanted to perform actions on them on the library screen. 

Mike

Hi Mike,

Still hoping for that option that lets me go straight from my set list to the fully loaded songs when I click on a set on my setlist (and back again - totally avoiding the list of songs), HOWEVER, I understand that, sometimes, one would want to access the list of songs and not just automatically load all the songs in the set, so here's my suggestion:

How about if that option (skipping the list of songs) can only be active when Performance Mode is enabled?

When I'm in Performance Mode, I just want to go from my setlist to the opened songs (since our sets are ALWAYS only two or three songs, max.). In PM, I don't need to edit or change anything. I just want to get to my songs. And when we're done with the set, I just need to get straight back to my setlist - no need to go back through the list of songs.

Of course, people who always want to go through the list of songs could leave this option disabled and nothing would change for them.

Again, thanks for your consideration!

Walter
Chuwi 13.5" H13, Win10, 128GB  μSD
One option would be to have an icon displayed at the right of every setlist that, when tapped, loads the entire setlist. Then there would be no need for a separate setting and users could still have access to both modes of operating without having to toggle anything like performance mode. Would that work for your needs?

Mike